Chapter Thirty-Six

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Throughout the weekend, Milo visited his brother in the Hospital Wing as Madam Pomfrey wanted to keep Harry in to make sure that he was a hundred percent before Monday morning. While the boy had plenty of visitors, it was clear to see that Harry was still quite devastated about losing his first broomstick and Milo couldn't blame him. He couldn't imagine how it would feel if he had lost his broom that his mother had bought him and lost it to the Whomping Willow of all things. It was a cruel way to go for a broomstick.

Although that wasn't the only thing that seemed to be dragging Harry down, he confided in Milo that he was frustrated that the Dementors seemed to affect him the most within the castle. Everyone could agree that the dementors were terrible and no one wanted to be around them if they could help it, but Harry seemed to be the only one that fainted whenever he was around them. He told Milo that he knew he was going to have to put up with Draco's taunting in the corridors, halls, and classrooms, but Milo reassured him that if Draco wanted to do that, a hippogriff wasn't the only thing the boy needed to fear to receive an attack from. 

But the plus side came on Monday morning when everyone made note that Professor Lupin was back and all the students greeted him with bright smiles when they were able to walk into the classroom and see him instead of Professor Snape. Although the rumour of Milo challenging Professor Snape's teaching had certainly circulated around the castle, not to mention, there was stuff added onto the story, such as Milo backhanding Snape with his book. The boy had a feeling that Ron was behind the drastic exaggeration, but he wasn't really complaining about it. 

However, Milo decided to show up to Remus' class early to speak with his godfather, but he was pleasantly surprised to find both of his godparents in the classroom. But the problem was, neither one of them looked very happy, in fact, Elspeth looked beyond irritated. 

"....he's acting like it's all my fault! But it's not, I don't have control over the dementors, I can work with them, but they are capable of independent thought! Does he honestly think I would send the dementors after my own godson? The nerve of that man!" 

Milo hung back by the doorway as the adults had yet to see that he had dropped in. Elspeth continued to rant and Milo could only be sure that she was talking about Dumbledore after all the man had been furious about the dementor attack, but to accuse Elspeth of aiding them? That seemed to be a bit much. 

"El, I think you should calm down-"

"Calm down?" Elspeth rounded on Remus as the classroom fell silent during the woman's rage. "You realise that you've been accused yourself, don't you?"

"Me? Accused of what?" Remus sounded bewildered by the thought that he was accused of anything. "I haven't done anything."

"And I have? You forget that our lovely former classmate also works here? He's been whispering in Dumbledore's ear since you started working. Trust me, I hear plenty. He was trying to get you in trouble for the break-in and the attack of the Fat Lady," Elspeth informed the man. "You and me. Could you imagine if the Ministry picked up on that one?"