Chapter Forty-Five

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo heard a deafening screech escape from the dementor as the Ceryneian Hind charged at it, the creature tried to escape but with one massive hoof placed down on the trailing and tattered cloak of the dementor, it was unable to flee. Turning back, Sirius was still unconscious behind him, as Milo placed a hand over the man's shoulder protectively. He couldn't really offer much in that moment as he wasn't sure what to do, even all the work in Defence Against the Dark Arts had left him unprepared for such a moment. It was one thing, reading books, writing essays and practising the incantations, but to be faced with a situation that actually called for it to be put to use, Milo found himself useless for the time being. 

But then against, the Ceryneian Hind looked as though she was taking care of the situation quite nicely all on her own. However, just sitting there was not going to settle well with Milo. He needed to act and fast by the looks of Sirius. The poor man had probably suffered at the hands of the dementors for so long that even just a brief encounter was enough to take him down. Grabbing his want, Milo was prepared to move Sirius away from the scene, in hopes of walking the man up, but there was a bit of a problem with that.

They were suddenly surrounded. The onset of the cold and draining feeling hit Milo hard as he looked around to see swarms of dementors around them. How was he supposed to take on that many? The Ceryneian Hind seemed to register his thoughts as she quickly handled the dementors before her by slicing through the creature with one of her massive antlers. Milo watched in awe as the creature disintegrated before his very eyes before the Hind turned to take care if the rest.

"Milo!"

He heard his name being called and froze before turning his head in the direction of the voice and suddenly, seeing Elspeth making her way towards him and Sirius. Her face was ghostly pale as she arrived on the scene and her eyes were completely focused in the Ceryneian Hind. Milo had to wonder if she could see the actual Hind or was she witnessing am invisible force take on all the dementors at once.

" I knew it," he heard her mutter in between the screeching of the dementors. However, Milo was puzzled even further as Elspeth grabbed one of the dementors by the end of their cloak and yanked them back to avoid the hit of the Hind's antlers. He didn't understand what she was doing as he figured she would want the protection against the dementors that were attacking Sirius. 

But one by one, she grabbed the dementors keeping a strong hold on their cloaks as they struggled against her trying to free themselves. Shakily pushing himself up, Milo watched in confusion and the Ceryneian Hind seemed to be confused as well, trying to destroy any remaining ones before Elspeth could take them away. Yet, the excitement didn't end there either, as, with one swoop of her cloak, Elspeth and the dementors disappeared before Milo's eyes. 

"Wh-wh- Elspeth? Aunt El?" The boy called out to his godmother. "Where did you-"

The sound of a twig snapping caused Milo to turn around rapidly, only to see a man approaching. Immediately, the boy took a few steps back but the Hind placed herself in front of him and lowered her head, her antlers facing forward in a threatening manner to the cloaked man.