Chapter Twenty-Seven

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

With the plans to spend Halloween together with his little brother and the idea that he could potentially help Sirius clear his name so he could live a free life, not to mention having Cedric back, Milo figured everything was finally coming together. He had close to everything he ever really wanted and everything seemed to be going so smoothly. As he settled down at the Hufflepuff table, he joined in on the conversation that his friends were having about the upcoming quidditch season. Apparently, Oliver Wood had learned about the Hufflepuff team starting their practices for the season a lot earlier than the other ones and now the Gryffindor captain was booking the pitch any chance he could get to make sure the Gryffindors caught up. Of course, the Hufflepuffs couldn't deny that they had made their opponent quite paranoid. 

Once their stomachs were full, they all were feeling quite tired, especially Milo. The events of the day had left him exhausted and he was sure that his mind was going to drift off into an intense dream state once he closed his eyes. He walked much slower than his friends back to the Hufflepuff Common Room, but halfway there, Cedric stopped in front of him. Milo nearly collided into the boy's back and was about to ask what was wrong, until he realised that Cedric was offering him a lift back to the common room. Under normal circumstances, Milo would have politely declined and claimed that he could make it back, but he could barely keep his eyes open just standing still in the centre of the corridor. 

He allowed himself to take Cedric up on the offer before climbing onto the taller boy's back and holding on. Heidi and Max stood on either side of the two, both of them wearing grins as they exchanged glances behind their backs. Milo settled his chin on Cedric's shoulder and before they could even reach the corner to turn down, he was sound asleep. 

"Really doesn't take much to put Milo on his arse, does it?" Heidi chuckled as the other three walked on.

"He's had a long day, Heidi," Cedric told her, "I think we can all say that we've had a long day. I'm pretty tired myself."

He was truly mentally exhausted from the events of the day, especially considering he didn't get the greatest start with having to deal with a howler from his father, condemning him for his "sinful" acts. But so many good things had happened and it was enough to cancel out all the bad, at least for the day. Cedric was sure it wasn't the last he would hear from his parents. He was certain that once his father calmed down a bit that he would be in contact, trying to get Cedric to take back his choices and change his lifestyle altogether. For now, Amos was just upset and he was going to take it out on Cedric anyway he knew how. 

But Cedric just wanted to hear from his mother because while he thought his mother had been hinting all summer that she was aware of something going on, she never mentioned her views on it. She never flat out said anything against it, not like his father did. It gave Cedric a little bit of hope that he could still reach out to his mother or that she would eventually reach out to him. He didn't want it to end on such a horrible and final note of his father expressing how disappointed he was in him and that no son of his would ever be involved in such a thing.  Which clearly meant that Cedric was no longer viewed as his son at the moment.