Chapter Thirty- Seven

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

It was said that Ravenclaw's new seeker was a force to be reckoned with, that she definitely had some skill that would give the boys a run for their money on the other teams. Surprisingly, Milo knew the new Seeker, her name was Cho Chang, he had plenty of classes with her over the years as they were in the same year and normally, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were paired often in classes. She was a nice girl from what Milo observed but they weren't what he would call friends, he hardly knew anything about her outside of her name and the girls that she hung out with in her classes. She seemed friendly enough, yet quiet in a lot of respects. But apparently, she was a silent force.

Pulling off the first match with a win, Cedric wasn't happy because he didn't feel like they deserved to claim the match against Gryffindor. He really did wish he could convince Oliver otherwise but that didn't seem like it was going to happen before the holidays. However, they had to pull off a win against Ravenclaw to remain in the running for the cup and Ravenclaw was proving to have put together quite the team. Very much like their house mascot, Ravenclaws were similar to birds in the air with their aerial moves. Each house team had their speciality, but Ravenclaws strength was indeed in flying. 

So Cedric wanted the Hufflepuff team to work on a firm foundation in flying going over the basics of balance and manoeuvring with and against the wind during the match. Milo was doing his best but he wasn't all about fancy tricks on broomsticks, he had the more classic approach to flying. But he was willing to make any sort of effort he needed to in order to help Cedric pull off a good win. Yet each practice was leaving him plenty tired and Milo wanted to do other things besides focus on quidditch.

However, the boy knew that the holidays were coming up and he would have plenty of time then. It was agreed that he was staying at the castle for the holiday, considering everyone else was as well, including Harry, the Weasley family, Hermione, Silas,  Max, Heidi, and since Cedric was pretty much sticking with him, he would be staying behind as well. His mother would be up at the castle, along with Remus and Elspeth, so it all worked out quite well. 

All they had to do was get through the last quidditch match, a couple of classes and they were home free. 

"Milo, look out!" The boy had been in a daydream, thinking about his work with the animagus process, knowing that Christmas time was going to be perfect to get the mandrake leaf process going, but he was neglecting the quaffle that was coming straight at him until Heidi called out to him. He barely dodged getting hit in the head as he jerked his broom to the side, only to realise that he left the quaffle to fall to the ground. The entire team was looking at him, leaving Milo to turn a bright red.

"Sorry," he muttered to everyone before Cedric called an end to the practice and told them all to dismount their brooms. The rest of the team made their way towards the locker room before heading back to the castle, but as Milo went to head in the same direction, he was grabbed by the back of his jumper. Immediately, he felt incredibly tiny as he had no other option but to turn around and face Cedric.