Chapter Fifty-Seven

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo had to admit that when he received a letter from Hagrid asking him to come to the Hut with an escort, he was left quite confused. The letter sounded cheery but Milo hadn't taken Hagrid to be the cheery type as of late. With the decision of Buckbeak's fate resting in the hands of the unfair and biased, there was a possibility that Milo was going to walk into a completely different situation than he anticipated. The letter said around six to meet in the Entrance Hall since students were not allowed to venture on the grounds alone, but Milo wasn't going to wait that long. 

He had ventured out numerous times on his own already, even with the new rules of no student walking around alone because of Sirius' latest "attack" in the Gryffindor Tower. The boy still wanted to scold his uncle for such a stupid action, but of course, he found himself with little free time to do so. Instead, Milo just made his way out to the hut before dinner time, knocking against the door casually. Everyone was so worried about Sirius Black trying to go after Harry and possibly Milo to finish the job, goodness, if only they knew that Milo had spoken with the man on numerous occasions.

The door swung open, revealing a mighty and confused Hagrid and as soon as he saw the Potter boy, a gasp escaped from him and he yanked Milo inside. "What're yeh doin', Milo?!" he asked before attempting to scold him for not listening to instructions. But Milo wasn't listening, it seemed nearly every time his brother broke a rule he was praised for it, Milo wasn't about to let the double standard phase him any longer.

Immediately, the boy noticed Buckbeak, who was actually inside the hut, resting on the sofa with a blanket draped over him. 

"The trial is this Friday, isn't it?" Milo asked as he settled himself down by the creature, offering his hand to the hippogriff to ensure that he was approaching peacefully. Hagrid seemed to completely forget that he had been on the verge of scolding Milo for walking around on his own, as he gave a nod of his head and plopped down into a large chair. Under the man's weight, the chair seemed to groan and the floor creaked but Hagrid paid no mind to it.

"We'll be travellin' ter London, already booked the Knight Bus," Hagrid informed him. "I got a bad feelin' bout it, yeh know?"

"Well, Newt Scamander spoke on Buckbeak's behalf, didn't he? And his word should technically be law over anyone's when it comes to discussing the nature of the creatures."

"The problem wit' that be, people accusin' Scamander o' bein' in Dumbledore's back pocket!"

"So what?" It took everything in Milo not to roll his eyes at the mentioning of the headmaster's name. He knew the amount of respect that Hagrid carried for the man and it was more than likely that Newt did as well, since Dumbledore spoke for Newt back when he was expelled from Hogwarts for endangering the life of a student with a Jarvey.

  "It doesn't matter who Newt is friends with, it matters if he can make a proper case in Buckbeak's name, which I'm certain he can do."

Milo was right in a sense but he kept neglecting the fact that Malfoy was running the show practically and had a bigger influence on the case more than anyone. It wouldn't matter if there were two Newt Scamanders arguing the case in favour of the beast, most than likely, Lucius Malfoy was going to see to it that Buckbeak was destroyed as payback for making his son look like a complete fool.