Chapter Fifty-Nine

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

The last thing Remus expected when being called to Severus' office was to see not only Harry but Milo as well standing with bewildered expressions as he clambered through the fireplace after being summoned. Harry looked mortified but when Remus' green gaze flickered over towards Milo, his godson flashed him a cheeky grin that was already begging for forgiveness. He wasn't sure what they had done, but it was pretty clear that it was up to him to get them out of it. With a heavy sigh, the man brushed off his shabby robes and turned to face the ever-irritating Severus, who still appeared livid from whatever happened prior to his arrival.

"You called, Severus?" He asked tearing his gaze away from Milo, who finally looked down. 

"I certainly did," Severus began, making his way over to his desk, his robes fluttering behind him as if he had a dementor attached to his back, flowing behind him.  "I have just asked Potter-

"Which one?" Remus couldn't help himself to poke just a bit of fun, earning a snort from Milo, however, Severus looked on the verge of exploding. "After all, there are two of them."

Severus glanced in the direction of Harry and Milo, much to his annoyance, it was Milo who offered a small way to remind him that he was still standing there behind his brother. The man's teeth gritted together, his jaw clenched tight which made his face seem even paler if that were possible. 

 "The little one, "he growled," as I was saying, I asked Potter to empty his pockets. He was carrying this."

As Severus pointed to the parchment paper, Remus peered closely and his heart skipped a beat while his expression remained calm. For the sake of the boys, he didn't dare look up at either one of them, but to read his nickname along with the nickname of his former and late brothers, it pulled at his heartstrings, causing his chest to ache. The fact that Severus had even so much as touched the map, brought a sense of disgust to Remus, but he kept his composure before his thoughts were interrupted by the other man again. 

"Well?"

Harry stole an anxious look in his brother's direction, however, Milo's gaze was solely focused on the map as well. Since the boy was completely unaware that it had been in Milo's possession, told to be given to him by the twins, Harry had to wonder why Milo seemed attached to it as well. 

"This parchment is plainly full of Dark Magic," Severus was growing impatient by the lack of response by his colleague. " This is supposed to be your area of expertise, Lupin. Where do you imagine Potter got such a thing?"

Finally, Remus gathered himself, clearing his throat and shot a warning look in the direction of the two boys. It was a look that clearly said "shut-up-and-let-me-handle-this." Neither Harry or Milo protested against that as they remained completely silent, looking back and forth between the two men.