Chapter Sixty-Two

After Milo called for his brother and Hermione and Ron to be untied, he began apologising profusely to the three, never thinking that his friends would go to the extent of kidnapping someone for the sake of a party

After Milo called for his brother and Hermione and Ron to be untied, he began apologising profusely to the three, never thinking that his friends would go to the extent of kidnapping someone for the sake of a party. Although he had to admit the gesture was extremely sweet because he did want to spend his birthday in the company of Harry, so they had made that wish come true. Fortunately, the three didn't seem upset by the idea of being kidnapped, instead, they appeared thrilled to be there considering they hadn't stepped foot in the Hufflepuff Common Room before.

But the Hufflepuff Common Room was the only common room in which no one had ever broken into and the Hufflepuffs wanted to keep it that way. Without the group of Gryffindors knowing the exact way to get in, they were safe, and it seemed all was forgiven as Milo greeted Harry and hugged the other two, welcoming them to the surprise party.

"Er, Milo, do me a favour and cover your ears and close your eyes," Cedric told him at one point, leaving Milo to turn and face him. His eyebrows were raised in confusion and his lips parted for a second wondering what was going on. But it didn't take a genius to work it out when he heard the barrel open and the sounds of struggle in the tunnel. Milo ignored Cedric's request and walked over to witness a couple of Cedric's dormmates bringing in the last two arrivals to the party. 

Immediately as the two bodies hit the floor, Milo turned to Cedric only to receive a cheeky grin in response. "Will you all stop kidnapping Gryffindors before it backfires?"

"Well, we wanted your closest friends and family to be here," Cedric told him," although none of us were brave enough to kidnap your mother or any of the other professors, so this is the extent. We couldn't get Lee because he's serving detention right now with Professor Flitwick, so I promise, these are the last two."

The bags were lifted from the heads of Fred and George, causing them to look around in complete bewilderment. Milo couldn't help but laugh at their expressions because the last thing the twins probably ever expected was to be outsmarted by a group of Hufflepuffs and taken somewhere against their will.

"Are you responsible for this, Milo?" Fred asked as he noted Harry, Ron, and Hermione looking around the Hufflepuff Common Room.

"Well, yes and no, seeing as it is my birthday party that my friends are holding, I suppose I do have a little blame to carry but are you really complaining, Fred? You've been bugging me for years to get you in here."

"While that may be true, Milo, we were hoping to see how to get in here," Fred confessed, " you know, the whole purpose-"

"That's not going to happen," Milo chuckled, " but nice try."

"Well, I guess beggars can't be choosers," Fred sighed before he smiled, " so with that, I'll be enjoying the party. Are those lemon tarts on the floor?"

"Yes, they are lemon," George answered before Milo could as the boy was already on the floor eating some of them. 

"Save me some of them," Milo told the two, " Bitsy makes the best lemon tarts and I would like to enjoy one."