Chapter Sixty-Seven

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo could remember Professor Kettleburn's exams, how many would speak about how challenging they were, and he had been able to experience it for himself when the crazed man was teaching. However, it Hagrid's exams were going to follow what he had laid out for the students that afternoon, his exams were going to go down in history of being the easiest one to pass. Due to his depressed nature over Buckbeak and the upcoming appeal date, Hagrid had little left in him to honestly even care. 

Their exam, very much like the others except those who were taking their O.W.L.s or N.E.W.T.s were given the task of looking over a tub of flobberworms. If their flobberworm lived until the end of the hour, they would pass with flying colours. The humorous, yet not so humourous element was the fact that flobberworms actually flourished when left to their own devices. So for the entire hour, the students just sat there, however, while many of the students were pleased, Milo needed to speak with Hagrid.

He knew that Hagrid had much more passion for the subject than what he was allowing himself to show in those moments, but all of his concern was wrapped solely around Buckbeak. He spoke about how the Hippogriff was growing depressed unable to move about freely and how it longed to go back to his herd. Milo felt for the creature as well and when he had written to Newt about the appeal date, he received a prompt response but it wasn't what the boy wanted to hear or read for that matter.

Unfortunately, Newt's hands were tied and he didn't have the power to influence outside the committee. It was Lucius Malfoy that had scared everyone into residing and ruling over the case differently than probably it would have gone. Newt couldn't fight that, they weren't going to let him fight it and surely if he showed up to interfere the Ministry would take it as an obstruction of justice against them. Newt had caused some problems in the past, with the Ministry and with foreign governments, so it was probably for the best that he keep his hands clean of the matter. But he did advise Milo to turn to Dumbledore and see if the man could offer any assistance. 

It was the first time Milo ever scoffed at anything his hero had ever told him. The amount of influence Dumbledore had in the wizarding world and how quickly people were to turn to him for help, yet, Dumbledore wasn't going to help. He wouldn't interfere unless it was going to benefit him in some sort of way. It was just unfortunate for Buckbeak that he didn't hold much value to the man, even if he meant the world to Hagrid. 

"Hagrid, listen to me," Milo pulled the man off to the side as he let his flobberworm flobber about, " you need to tell Dumbledore to pull some strings, you need to tell him that he owes you this favour!"

"Dumbledore has bin' great durin' this time, Milo, really" Hagrid reassured him, completely brushing off what the boy was trying to get him to realise. As much as Hagrid did for that man and for others without so much as a questioning glance, he deserved someone to help him. But everyone seemed so up Dumbledore's rear that they couldn't see where the man would hold some influence and chose not to use it for the sake of others.