Lullaby ~ John Diggle

You light snores were like whispers in your silent apartment, there was no noise, no movement which was rare for a city like the one you live in, not like you were complaining. For the first time in weeks you were able to get a good sleep, your legs and arms were sprawled out comfortable over the comforter and you wished you got sleep like this everyday.

Your bliss was short lived when your phone rang obnoxiously loud, making you consider throwing it out the window. With a groan, you sat up and reached for you phone not checking the caller ID before answering.

"Hello?" Your voice was rasped from being so tired.

"Y/N? it's John..." you could hear Sara crying loudly on the other end and with out letting him finish you grabbed your gun, and swords and say

"I'm on my way!"

~

"John..." you raised your gun cautiously as you approached the door to his apartment. You could still hear Sara crying from the other side of the door.

Before you could raise your foot to kick the door down the door swung open revealing John with a crying Sara in hand. His eyes widened when he saw the gun in your hand.

"Put that thing away!" He gestured rapidly as he covered baby Sara's eyes dramatically.

"Huh? I thought... you said..." you trailed off as you spoke tucking your gun back in its holster.

"I was going to tell you I needed help with Sarah but you hung up before I could finish." He laughed bouncing the loud baby on his hip.

You cheeks flushed red as you walked in tossing your weapons into a corner and taking the baby from John.

"Where's Lyla?" You asked plopping down on the couch, gently rocking the sobbing baby.

"Work. Sara's been like this for hours and I didn't know who else to call." John explained shoving his hands deep in his front pockets and. Plopping down next to you on the couch.

You held Sara with one hand and brought the other up to cover your mouth as you yawned loudly. 

"Were you asleep?" John asked sheepishly as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

The night before you and Oliver had been tirelessly chasing Adrian Chase and when you had finally went home you were exhausted and in the perfect sleep. You were the youngest member of team arrow you were only 25 but you'd been working with Oliver since your late teens so it was no surprise for you to get little to no sleep, but every once in a blue moon you'd be able to fall into that perfect deep nights sleep but it was always cut short. You didn't want to tell John in fear of making him feel bad so you just shook your head and said that you were up the whole time.

Sara cooed softly in your arms as you gently rocked her to sleep effectively rocking yourself to sleep as well. Without even realizing it you had fallen asleep with Sara, both of you snoring softly while John watched with a smile from his end of the couch.

Before he knew it, his head was in your lap and he was cuddled up with a pillow, his snores weren't quite as gentle as yours or Sara's but fitting nonetheless.

"Honey, I'm- " Lyla pushed open the apartment door well past midnight but stopped dead in her tracks when she had seen all of you sleeping peacefully on the couch.

Her heart melted at the sight of you cuddled up with Sara, and with John on your lap. Unlike many other women, Lyla wasn't the jealous type and she had gotten used to John and yours close relationship.

She carefully pulled Sara from your arms and put a soft kiss on the little baby's forehead before lowering her in her crib. She tossed her purse and shoes to a far end of the room and pressed a kiss to John and yours foreheads and a small laugh.

"Night, babies."

~

REQUESTED

This also took a really long time and it was bad and short as well.  I'm sorry! But I hope you like it anyway <3