Fifty Shades of Queen ~ Oliver Queen

It's crazy how fast it happens; how fast you go from strangers - just two humans - to more; how fast you slide that slippery slope between "just humans" and "more" is scary. It's a bit like jumping off cliff. Except the cliff is in the middle of nowhere, you practically crawled through hell to get there and you have no idea what's at the bottom of that dark cliff.  Because from where you're standing in that moment you can only think of worst case scenarios, pain, and rejection, but if you would've just taken that chance and jumped you would see that there's a hot ass man waiting to catch you at the bottom. And what's even crazier is how it happens.

Too bad you couldn't take your own advice.

You slide the paper over to your editor and she barely glances up at you as you do.

"The paper you asked for covering relationship advice in the Lifestyle column," you speak crossing your arms over your chest and patiently waiting for her to speak.

"Oh, that. We don't need it anymore you can archive it. Maybe we'll use it later," Her brown hair is sleeked back in a low bun and her nails are perfectly polished despite the blue ink staining her finger tips. Her eyes are dancing back and forth between the two sheets in front of her as she scribbles notes messily across the articles.

"Archive it?" You stutter in disbelief. When your boss tells you to archive anything you know she just wants you to throw it in the trash, because she never digs in the archives for anything.

"That's what I said," She's not even paying you the slightest bit of attention.

You've worked under her for years, slaving away throwing away article after article because she couldn't be bothered to tell you when she changed your deadlines.

"I quit."

She finally looks up, staring at you patronizingly over the rim of her overly expensive glasses, waiting for you to drop to your knees and start apologising like everyone else that quit that day had.

When you don't she shrugs and refocuses her attention to the article, "Don't bother cleaning out your cubicle you'll be back in no time."

~

It's been a week since you quit and your rent due date is quickly approaching, meanwhile your search for a job is not going the way you had planned. You figured that with your talent you'd have another job in no time, but now you're beginning to think your boss was right to archive all of your crappy articles and maybe you would be crawling back to her if you didn't have any money to pay your rent with.

You check the mail for the fiftieth time that week, and for the first time you see something that's not a rejection note or an eviction notice.

Dear Y/N Y/L/N,
We are happy to invite you to try and join our team here at Queen Consolidated as Personal Assistant to Oliver Queen. Please come in for an interview Sunday, September 23 at 2:30pm.

"Yes!" You yell throwing your hands in the air you finally got a job interview.

You stare at the paper once again and a wave of confusion washes over you.

You never applied at Queen Co.

You'd thought about it because it was a good paying job and a job at that. but before you sent your application in you decided to trash it figuring it wouldn't be a good use of your diploma. At the rate your job hunt was going you'd work at McDonald's if they'd have you.