Hide & Find Love? ~ Roy Harper

R E Q U E S T E D by @roysharperr

i wanted to title to be Hide & Seek Love but whatever.

Roy's breathing is silent compared to the battle noise surrounding him. Oliver's down and he's laying cover so that John and Laurel can get to him and drag him to safety but they don't have a clear route to retreat especially with a member of their team injured.

"I have an idea. John get Oliver to Western Row Road and Laurel help me cover them. I have a... friend that lives nearby that I know will help us out," He barks into his headset never once taking his eyes off the large crowd of armed assassins that had yet to stop the hail of bullets launching at his team.

"Clear." John replies as he rolls across the gap between him and Oliver and helps Oliver to his feet.

John rapidly helps Oliver hobble away from the battlefield and as soon as they are clear, Roy signals for Laurel to head in the same direction and soon the whole team is huddled in a dark alleyway, panting and exhausted from the battle they just ensued.

~

You pull your phone out of your back pocket as soon as it buzzes and smile slightly when you see that Boy Toy Roy ❤️🧸 has sent you a message. You lazily let your phone scan your phone for recognition and as it unlocks you pull up the text from Roy.

Boy Toy Roy ❤️🧸: I'm omw w the team don't do anything weird.

Boy Toy Roy ❤️🧸: and grab the first aid kit from the closet 

You: are you okay?

Boy Toy Roy ❤️🧸: i'm fine. ollie isn't.

Boy Toy Roy ❤️🧸: ill see you in a bit. love you, babe.

You: likewise (:

Following Roy's instructions you run up the stairs taking them two at a time to retrieve the first aid kit from the top shelf in your bedroom closet. You toss the kit on the bed and quickly throw on a tank top and pair of shorts so you didn't meet Roy's team for the first time in your underwear.

You grab the first aid and run clumsily down the stairs, and not even a minute later your front door flies open and Roy and John drag in a barely conscious and increasingly pale Oliver.

You instruct the men to lay Oliver on the couch and before you can walk over to start working Roy grabs your hand and pulls you flush against his chest. You been in far more intimate positions with Roy than this and it still makes your heart skip a beat at the way his blue eyes sparkle and dance any and every time he looks at you.

He places a soft kiss on your lips then gently nudges you towards Oliver, "Save my friend, yeah?"

You smile and blush when you notice the shocked faces on both John and Laurels face, but you push it to the back of your mind and get to work on stitching, and cleaning the gaping wound on Oliver's leg.

~

After patching Oliver up and supplying the team with leftover pizza and blankets, you're cuddled up in bed with Roy your fingertips running up and down his bare stomach.

"Did they know?" You ask disrupting the comfortable silence and causing Roy to look down at you.

He shakes his head, "but i'm glad they know now, you're a hard secret to keep."

~

The next morning you walk down the stairs to see John sprawled across the long sofa snoring softly, Laurel is in the rocking with your spongebob blanket tossed lazily over her legs and Oliver is just about falling off the love seat that is way too small for his large frame.

You tip toe across the floor careful not to wake the sleeping vigilantes and pour yourself a bowl of cereal. Milk first.

It was silent for the first couple of minutes that you are the only sounds heard was the sound of your spoon scraping the bottom of the bowl and the light snores of Diggle from the living room. It was so silent that you almost flew off of the stool when you looked up and saw Oliver trying to fix himself his own bowl of cereal.

"Oh-" You swallow the cereal in your mouth and rush to Oliver's side, gently guiding him into the stool you were sat in only moments before, "I'll do it."

He watches you intensely for a moment and you can see him grimace slightly when you grab the bowl from the cupboard and pour in the milk first.

"Where do you work?" He grunts slightly as he shifts on the stool to face you.

"I teach 4th grade at the elementary school," you answer as you slide the full bowl over to Oliver and he catches it and immediately digs in.

With a disgustingly full mouth he slobbers out a, "How did you meet Roy?"

You stop eating for a moment as you consider your answer carefully, "I was working late one night I had a trouble student who was really falling behind in math. His parents agreed to let him stay after as long as I needed to and I agreed to drop him off. We were rapping up and I took my eyes off of him for one second to put up the textbook we'd used and when I turned back around he was gone."

"He died?" Oliver suggests his eyes refusing to meet yours.

"What? No! He ran out of the building as fast as he could and ran into this really hot guy," you chuckle as you remember Roy stopping the little boy in his tracks and kneeling down to figure out if he was lost, "Roy found him and talked him down and I just watched. From that very first moment I was just mesmerised by him. Same thing happened again the next week but this time we exchanged numbers and the rest is history."

Oliver is silent again, this time so long that you don't think he's going to say anything else until he does.

"Do you love him?"

"I-" you glance down at the counter for a moment and let all of your memories with Roy run through your head, "I do."

"Okay. I'll allow it." Oliver finishes the rest of his cereal and heads out of the kitchen.

"You'll allow i-? You'll allow it?! What does that even mean?!"

~
boom