Just Stop - 2 ~ Team Arrow

this a part two no one asked for to an imagine i wrote forever and a dime ago

This is directly where i left off on the last one

it's not even a Diggle imagine at this point.

a lot of angst and anger and f bombs

~

"Y/N, please just let me explain-" John pleads ignoring the uncomfortable stares of every member in the room.

"Jesus Christ, John! I don't need you to explain you dipping your dick in another chick. You did it and we're done. For fucks sake just leave me alone!" You yell at John your face an unnatural shade of red as your entire body convulses with anger and betrayal.

The room is coated in a tension-filled silence as you glare daggers at John and the rest of the team absorbs what is going down.

Once you see that he's not going to respond you sigh and head back towards the elevator pausing half way there to turn back towards John.

"You wanted Lyla and now you've got her, love," The pet name that used to be endearing now carries so much hate that John visibly cringes away when you say it.

~

Your arms are wrapped tightly around yourself as you wait in the unreasonably long line at Jitters, you're lost in your own mind and you barely notice when Oliver slides next to you.

"Are you okay?"

You jump slightly until you look up and see it's just Oliver, "I just... Will stay with me? For coffee atleast?"

Oliver nods and pulls you into a comforting hug and it takes everything in you not to break down crying at the contact. You pull away from him as the line in front of you begins to clear and it's your turn to order.

"Let's just do... two black coffees?" You turn to Oliver and he shrugs, "Yeah. Two black coffees."

The waitress rings up your order and rapidly gestures the two of you to the pickup line, where you wait for a solid ten minutes before she completely butchers your name and slides your order over the counter.

"What do you wanna do, Y/N?" Oliver asks quietly once the two of you are settled in a both, "Are you going to leave the team? Are you leaving John?"

You breathe in heavily through your nose as you contemplate his question. Everything was moving way too fast and you hadn't thought at all past getting the hell away from John.

"Damn it, Oliver. I don't know. It feels stupid for me to just run away from my life over this. But for such a long time he was my life. I just..." You choke back a sob and hang your head in your hands.

"Hey," Oliver whispers gently reaching across the table to cup your cheek in his hand and make you look at him, "I'm here for you. The team is here for you. Whatever you want to do whenever you decide to do it I'm right here."

You almost believe him. You almost let you guard down. Then you remember who you're talking to. Oliver Queen. John's best friend of 8 years.

"Did you know?" You ask your voice cracking as even more tears flood your eyes.

Oliver looks dumbfounded at the question.

"Oliver. Did you know?" You enunciate every work very carefully as you try your very best to stay calm.

"We walked in on them in the cave once-"

"We?! The whole fucking team knew about it?! You all knew about it and you let me follow him around like a fucking lap dog knowing that he didn't give a shit about me? Knowing that he was kissing another woman with lips- that he was fucking another woman?" Your voice gets louder and louder until your practically screaming in his face, definitely drawing the attention of some of the people in the coffee shop, "Oliver are you kidding me?!"

When he looks up at you again he has tears of his own in his eyes, "I'm sorry. We didn't want to hurt yo-"

"No!" You cut him off quick and slam your hand on the table, "Fuck you. Fuck your team. Fuck John. I hate you. I hate all of you."

You grab your bag and it takes everything out of you to just walk out of the door to the coffee shop instead of dumping the steaming hot coffee over his head.

~

What was the point? Why are you still here? What are you even doing? Where are you going?

You had nothing left. Nothing.

Your heart could barely handle John betrayal, but the whole team? All of your friends?

You stare at the ceiling fan in the overly expensive hotel you were staying in, watching it go around and around. You were physically in that room but your mind was anywhere else. You kept replaying the scene you walked in on with Lyla and John, you review frame by frame in your mind the faces of the team when you confronted John.

It was so obvious. No one in that room looked surprised by the encounter.

They all betrayed your trust, and the way you see it you have two options. You can run away, or you can go back.

~

"She said that? She said she hates us?" Dina asks her arms crossed tightly over her chest as she leans back against the counter.

"Can you blame her? I hate us." Rene says running a hand over his face.

"Do you know where she is maybe we can-"

"Shut up, John," Everyone says it practically in unison and he sighs as he reluctantly falls silent.

"Do you think she'll forgive us?" Felicity asks looking at Oliver who hasn't said a word since he told the team what happened.

"Would you? We shouldn't have kept it from her. I think it's far more probable that we'll never see her again," He says still not raising his eyes from the ground.

He's never felt so much shame and remorse. He's never regretted something as much as he regrets not telling the truth to you. You would have never done anything like that to them and he knows it. They all know it.

"Jesus Christ. What the fuck have we done?"

~

You pull on your fingers anxiously as the elevator heads down your eyes locked on the floor trying to figure out what the hell you're going to say. You decided to stay but you didn't think very far beyond that.

The elevator dings as it hits the bottom floor and you see your whole team gathered in a circle and wallowing in self-pity. They all turn to look at you when the elevator doors slide open.

"Y/N-"

"Just- wait," you throw up a hand to cut John off before returning it to is previous position and pulling on it anxiously, "We were always a family and there was no one I trusted more than everyone in this room. But you guys lied to me, you cheated on me, you hurt me," You can feel the tears coming and you quickly swipe it away, "I was going to leave. I was gonna pack up all my shit and move to Freeland, but I shouldn't have to give up my life because you guys decided to fuck me over."

Your voice is still shaking as you continue to speak, "It's not fair to me and it's not fair to the city i've fought so damn hard to save. So i'm staying. But i'm done. With every single one of you. I'll come in and do what I have to do, I'll watch all do your backs in the field but outside of this room you guys mean nothing to me. Not anymore."

~

Stay safe and healthy guys <3

I have a bad habit of trying to do something happy and cute and then it always ends up sad. Like my idea was for Oliver and Reader to maybe hookup but then as i was writing i realised like... if john was cheating Oliver definitely knew about it and the rest kinda wrote itself.