Chapter TWENTY THREE

___________________________

"You're leg!" He smiled as well pulled away. "You're not broken anymore."

I grinned up at him, he was right. Right now, I didn't feel broken. "All better now."

"I missed you." He laughed just as everyone else seemed to join us.

"Hey Colin, good to see you man." Tommy said as he did a little handshake with Colin. My mother was looking at me with tears in her eyes and I had to turn away. I just wanted to feel normal and Colin did that, I understand her hesitation but this was what I wanted. I'd deal with the consequences later.

"Kat!" Hannah called from the car and I turned to see her struggling to carry the bags. I quickly ran to her side and took mine from her hands.

She laughed as Colin came up beside me, "Let me help." He said while taking the bags from my hands.

"Thanks." I smiled at him as we made our way into the house. It was finished, besides the painting that my mother wanted to do herself and looked fairly nice. Colin followed me upstairs and into my room which is where he set down my bags.

"My babies." I screamed excitedly while I ran across the room to stand in front of the books I'd missed. "You're all okay!" I squealed.

Colin's deep chuckle could be heard behind me but I didn't care. "So beautiful." I mumbled as my fingers ran over the spin of the books.

"All of them safe?" He asked.

Grinning over my shoulder I nodded, "They're all perfect. Thank you."

"Anything for you Kitty." He laughed, taking his seat on my desk chair. I smiled at him and made my way to the bed. I laid back on the pillows and his scent flooded my nose causing my grin to widened. He'd been here while I was gone?

"Tired?" He asked but his voice was closer, I nodded but refused to open my eyes. The bed dipped slightly and I knew that he was climbing into bed beside me, his arms wrapping tightly around my waist as he pulled me closer. "I missed you." He whispered.

I meant to respond, to tell him that I missed him more than anything, to tell him that I never want to leave the comfort of his arms again but I couldn't. It wasn't because I was asleep either. I was scared of what he'd say, of what would happen if he wasn't my mate and I'd said these things to him.

Snuggling into his chest I found myself drifting off to sleep.

When I woke the next morning, I was warm and comfortably pressed against his chest. I missed him, I missed the peacefulness that sleeping next to him could make me feel. Nothing about me was restless at the moment.

I shimmied out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. Twenty minutes late when I emerged from the shower, Colin was gone.

As I walked into the already crazy kitchen I wasn't surprised to find it Colin-less. I'd see him at school in less than an hour but I still found myself missing him more than I should for such a short time apart. I've gone two weeks without seeing the guy but an hour and I feel like I'm going insane.

"Hey," My mother smiled as I limped to my spot, she set down a plate of pancakes in front of me, "You're dorm sign up came while we were away. Here you go."

A thick envelope was placed on the table beside the food and I looked at it, grinning. "Really!" I asked as I quickly picked it up, ripping it open. "This is so cool."