Prologue

It wasn't meant to be like this. She never thought any of this would ever happen to her. Because things so surreal as this didn't happen to someone like her. She was just trying to do her job and then this happened. Her life happened.

Standing in front of 25,000 people can be pretty daunting. Especially considering she was about to ask him the most important question of her life. Ignoring the screams of glee and jealously from the crowd and the shocked faces of the other six people on the stage, she took a step closer to him and drew a breath.

"Will you marry me?"

TEN MONTHS EARLIER

The sunlight came bursting through her window at the exact moment her alarm went off. Usually a fan of the angelic tones of Ed Sheeran, she instead threw a disdainful glance at her phone, turned it off, threw her covers over her head and went back to blissful nothingness.

Well, at least, that was the plan.

"POLLY STEWART, IF YOU DON'T GET UP AND OUT OF BED THIS INSTANT, SO HELP ME, I WILL COME UP THERE AND DUMP A BUCKET OF ICE COLD WATER ON YOUR HEAD. UP. NOW."

Polly groaned and willed her eyes to open. As they did, just a fraction, she yawned and with as much energy that she could possibly muster (which without her morning coffee, was hardly any at all) she threw her legs over the side of her modest double bed and stood up. Stretching her body as she walked to her door, she sighed as she threw it open.

Her mother was standing there with one hand on her hip and the other holding a cup of coffee. Polly smiled dreamily.

"Did I ever tell you I love you?" Polly asked, taking the small cup of heaven from her mother's delicate hands.

Her mum, Susan, rolled her eyes "Not nearly enough. Hurry and get a shower, your brother is leaving in ten minutes."

Nodding absently, Polly turned back and setting the coffee on her bedside table, quickly stripped her fluffy pjs off and stepped into her shower in her en suite. Turning on the radio, she was catching the end of the entertainment news.

"...sold out shows have led to extra nights being added in Belfast, Dublin and Galway."

This piped her interest. Who's sold out shows?

"The leader of the 7-piece boyband spoke on behalf of the band today, stating their excitement at more shows being held here in Ireland."

"It's amazing. We never though we would break Europe but after selling out the Belfast and Dublin shows in five minutes, we knew that we had a brilliant amount of fans. Small enough amount but extremely passionate and that's all we can ask for."

A wistful smile danced on Polly's lips. She knew from the voice alone which band were the topic of conversation on the radio but a small bubble of excitement rose at the prospect of maybe, maybe getting tickets this time. Her best friend, Ana, cried for two hours after they tried and ultimately failed to get concert tickets. To be fair, they had been waiting for this moment since 2015; ever since she first discovered the band. Polly at least managed to not be so crestfallen and thought maybe she would be able to spot them...if she camped outside their hotel for the two nights they would be in Belfast. But now, she grinned as she stepped out of the shower and began to towel herself, she maybe wouldn't have to!

Running back into her room, as one of their songs, Fire, came on, she half danced, half ran about searching for clothes. Grabbing a pair of light blue jeggings, a simple white top and her favourite black leather jacket, she stepped into her white trainers and grabbed her hair brush making her way back to her bathroom and began brushing out the knots that stubbornly refused to leave her hair. Giving a sigh of resignation, she grabbed a bobble and put her long, curly brown hair into a messy bun before eyeing herself critically in the mirror.