Chapter Twenty-Seven

8 MONTHS LATER

Polly wrote as fast as she could, eyes flickering to the clock on the exam hall wall, before finishing her sentence and began quickly proof-reading her answer, smiling slightly in satisfaction. Yeah, she thought with a nod, this is good. I'm happy with this.

"Times up!" Came a voice from the front of the hall and Polly let out a sigh of relief. "Pens down and papers to the front."

As she stretched her arms over her head, she gave a grin to the person beside her and made her over to the front before practically skipping out of the exam hall, where Ana was already waiting.

"Finals are over!" She squealed, giving her best friend a hug, "I can't wait to drink, it feels like it's been months since I had a beer!"

Polly giggled and arm intertwined with Ana's, they strolled out of the college campus and made their way into the city to get their bus to their flat. Chatting about where to go later, as they entered their home, walking into the living room, Aneta (who had finished her exams two days prior), grinned at the arrival of her flat mates.

"How'd it go?" She asked.

Both Ana and Polly nodded. "Really well, I think I did good but who knows?" Ana scratched her head and shrugged.

"You're the best in your production course, Ana, of course you've done well."

"Yeah," Aneta agreed, "Remember how great the lights were in the spring concert?"

Silence covered the room as Aneta immediately bit her lip and shifted her gaze from her Portuguese friend to her Northern Irish one. "Polly, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

Polly shook her head, trying to ignore the sudden pain that cut through her like a knife. "It's fine. Don't worry. I'm going to get a shower."

As she walked into the kitchen, her gaze landed on a large bouquet of red roses. She furrowed her brows in confusion and picked up the card sitting beside the flowers.

Dear Ana, congratulations on the completion of your exams. I hope you have a great time tonight with Polly and Aneta, give me a call when you finish! Looking forward to seeing you soon! Love, Jimin x

Polly let out a bitter chuckle, jealously coursing through her veins. She barely noticed Ana entering the kitchen, spotting the flowers and letting out a small squeal of surprise, eyes shining as she read over the note and immediately she fished out her phone to call the Kpop idol. Polly scowled and stormed off to get a shower. As she let the hot water wash over her, her mind drifted like it always did to the last time she saw the boy who stole her heart and despite everything, still loved him like he had never left....

EIGHT MONTHS EARLIER

Polly glanced nervously around Dublin airport, her mouth twisting into a tired smile as two girls, around 19, bounded up to her.

"Oh my God, you're Polly Stewart, Jungkook's girlfriend!"

She shrugged and nodded. "The one and only."

"Could we get a selfie with you?" The girl on right asked, "You're such an inspiration to us!"

Polly's eyebrows shot in surprise. "I'm an inspiration to you? Why?"

The girls giggled, "You're an amazing dancer! We must have watched your concert dance with Jungkook on YouTube about 50 times!"

Polly grimaced. Another one of Namjoon's ideas which he didn't clear with Polly first. The leader had thought it would be a brilliant idea to upload the dance on the video sharing platform and Polly wasn't best pleased. As of eight months on, the video had been watched 3 million times.