Chapter Thirteen.

"Polly!" Ana gasped, dropping her arms from her sides and taking a cautious step forward her friend. The three of them looked quite like the preverbal deer caught in the headlights.

"What were you guys talking about just there?" Polly narrowed her eyes on Ana. "Why is everyone shouting at one another today? Are you keeping something from me?"

This hurt Polly so much more than it would any other person. Ana and Polly never kept secrets from each other. They had been best friends ever since Ana had moved to Northern Ireland from Portugal. Anytime they needed to get something off their chest or had a problem, they always came to one another.

"No!" Ana squeaked and Polly glared at her.

"Your voice goes higher when you're lying, Ana." Polly accused and then sighed, slumping down on the sofa. "Please tell me what's going on."

"Okay, I'll tell you." Jimin said and Ana shot the boy a terrified look.

He sat down beside Polly and took one of her hands.

"The truth is..." he took a deep breath. "We were planning a surprise party for your birthday."

"We were?" Ana said frowning at Jimin, who in turn glowered at her. "I-I mean, we were!"

Polly frowned, eyes glancing back and forth between Ana and Jimin. "B-but about what you were saying just now about my heart-"

"Yes, I know, we didn't want to tell you because we thought it would break your heart to know how much we didn't want you to find out." Jimin said sadly, "Jin here is crushed."

Jin looked at his bandmate bemused before Jimin glared at him. "O-oh yes! I'm distraught. How will I go on?!"

Ana resisted the urge to roll her eyes. God they sucked at acting.

"Ana is this true?"

Ana gulped and looked at Jimin. The look on his face said it all. It's for her own good.

"Yeah. It's true." She smiled weakly at her best friend who in turn immediately relaxed.

"You guys are so adorable!" Polly giggled, "that's why Yoongi and Jungkook were arguing!"

"Uh yeah, Yoongi wanted to tell you so you could be ready but Jungkook wanted to keep it a secret." Jin added, rubbing the back of his neck.

Polly laughed and stood up. "Well, I can keep a secret. I can totally act surprised." She paused. "When is it?"

Jimin frowned for only a second. "Uh...Saturday."

Polly nodded. "Cool. Don't worry, I won't say anything." She smiled at the three. "I'm seriously tired so I'm going for a nap." As she went to walk into her bedroom, she stopped and turned to her friends. "And thanks guys. For telling me the truth." And with a grin, went into her room.

Ana sighed. "I've never lied to her before."

Jimin stood up and wrapped his arms around Ana. "It had to be done, lovely. If she knew, you know she wouldn't let Jungkook go through with it."

Ana nodded, tears springing to her eyes as she hugged Jimin back. "I know, I just can't believe that bitch would do something like this."

Jimin and Jin sighed in agreement.

"We have to remain strong. For Polly. She's going to need you during this. God knows she won't want to speak to us...but if we are going to save her career, we have to do this."

Ana's grip on Jimin tightened. "I hope you're right about this."

oOo

"BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE-"