Chapter Twenty Two

After I took Hailey home, I decided to call Carmen off of her phone and asked her to come stay with her. I didn't really feel comfortable leaving Hailey alone once I noticed that her medication kicked in, and she fell asleep on the drive home. I parked my car and brought Hailey into her house, laying her down on the the living room couch. I really didn't wanna go wondering around upstairs, trying to figure out which room was hers while she was unconscious, the couch would do for now.

I waited with Hailey until her best friend finally showed up, and even then some afterwards. I had informed Carmen that I would be more than happy to pick her up if she needed the ride, but she quickly rejected my offer and said that her dad only lived about a block away and didn't mind walking. I made myself comfortable in Hailey's home and threw my feet up on top of her coffee table, and turned her tv on while I waited for Carmen to arrive. I wasn't really big on tv so I left it on whatever channel I'm assuming her dad was watching last, which just so happen to be a movie channel.

I silently started praying to myself that David wouldn't come home while I was here waiting, I really don't know what the hell I would say to him if he caught me here, alone, with his daughter.

"Oh hey, sorry that your daughter lied to you last night and went out to a party with me, instead of sleeping over at her friends house. She got pretty trashed and I thought it would've been impolitely to bring her home the way she was, so I let her sleep it off at my house, then fucked her brains out this morning. Don't worry though, I'll be out of your hair in a bit, I'm just waiting for Carmen to show up so I can go beat the shit out of someone."

I scoffed at myself, softly shaking my head; you're an idiot, when I heard a soft knock on the front door, and then it slowly starting to open. I turned off the tv real quick and walk around the table, when I see the little Hispanic brunette walking in, a bag over her shoulder.

"Oh, you're still here," She says a little disgustedly. 

"My cars only in the drive way," I state a little sarcastically.  

Carmen then walks passed me into the living room, "how am I suppose to know what kind of car you drive?" She quickly sassed, kneeling down in front of her friend.

I exhale deeply, trying not to let her attitude get to me. "She's out cold," I tell her, grabbing my keys off of the coffee table from behind her.

"Yeah, I can clearly see that."

"Oh my god, I can't just fucking win with you, can I. I'm sorry that you guys all fucking hate me!"

Carmen laughs getting up from the floor. She grabs the tv remote, and plops herself down on the small single couch that I was sitting on two seconds ago. She clicks the tv back on, "I don't hate you, Isaac.. I don't necessarily trust you, but I don't hate you."

"I'm not toying with her if that's what you're thinking."

"I'm not thinking anything," she replies. "But Hailey's like my sister. She's been through a lot already, and she's does not need anymore shit added on to her anxiety. I don't care who you are, or how much power you have in this city, if I find out that you do hurt her, Issac, I'll cut your dick off and feed it to my chihuahua, entiendes?"

I tried my hardest not to laugh, but I couldn't help it. I nod my head slowly, ".. I gotta get going though, have Hailey call me when she wakes up, please."

Carmen stops clicking through channels, and turns towards me. "Gotta go break a few faces or what?" She teases, uncapping a water bottle that she had pulled out of her bag, taking a quick swig from it.

Jokes on her though. I start to grin, "nah, just one tonight."

Carmen starts to cough, choking on her water and I can't help but chuckle at the priceless look on her face. "I was just kidding, Isaac."