fíftєєn

Levy's POV
I stepped onto the abandoned field, the train speeding away behind me. Forest lined the outskirts of the field.
I stood in place, my hair whipping in the harsh wind caused from the train and my eyes dark.

A small gust of wind hit my face, signaling to me that he was approaching. I stood, not in a battle stance, but relaxed.

He came into sight, his long black hair moving in the wind. His fists were clenched at his sides and I saw the evil smirk that played on his face.
Lily flew next to him, his arms crossed.

I had a scarf wrapped around my face and he laughed a low, demonic laugh.
"This is who fairytail sent to fight me?" He asked, standing only a few feet away from me.
I didn't speak.

"What? Can't you speak Shrimp?" He taunted.

"I assure you I can speak." I replied.
He smirked.

"Oh? It talks." He said, a mischievous tone in his rough voice.

I didn't say anything back.
"Who are you anyway?" He asked. "What's with the scarf? What are you ugly or something?" He asked.

I shook my head and grabbed my scarf.
"You want to know who I am?" I asked.
He only smirked in response.

I pulled the scarf off and his eyes immediately widened.
"Remember me Gajeel?"

•••

"GAJEEL!!!!" Levy exclaimed as she ran after Gajeel, her best friend.
Levy was a 14 year old and Gajeel was 15.

They were partners.

Lily flew behind them, laughing at their antics.
"GIVE ME MY BOOK!!" Levy yelled as she chased him around Era, trying to avoid higher ups as she ran after Gajeel.

Gajeel laughed as he ran, swinging the book around.
"Catch me if you can twerp!" Gajeel teased and looked back at Levy.

He turned back in front of him and ran straight into a pole, falling flat on his back.
Levy laughed as she ran up, getting on her knees and putting Gajeel's head in her lap.

"You ok dumby?" Levy laughed.

Gajeel groaned and nodded.
"Ya, I think."

Levy giggled and leaned down, kissing his forehead.
"Is it better now?" She asked.

Gajeel nodded and grabbed Levy's hand, kissing the back of it.
"I love you." He said.

Levy put their hands on her cheek and snuggled into them.
"I know." She whispered.

•••

"LEVY!!" Gajeel cried as Levy layed in his arms, third degree burns covering her body.
Some dark guild had set fire to Era in the night, and Levy had been severely burned saving Gajeel and Lily.

"LEVY NO!!" Gajeel cried and tears hit the ground.
Lily stood next to Gajeel, tears falling rapidly from his eyes.

Levy slowly brought her hand up and Gajeel put it against his cheek, tears falling rapidly down his cheeks.

"I love you Gajeel." Levy said.
Then, she closed her eyes and her heart stopped.

"NOOOOOO!!" Gajeel screamed.
.
.
.
.
.
Levy heard Gajeel screaming for her to wake up as she ran away from the burning Era, a hood over her head.