єpílσguє

3rd Person POV
Fairytail's infirmary laid quiet, except for the small sounds of soft, steady breathing. The room was dark and still, like it had been inside an abandoned building.

Window's sat above three of the six bed's that occupied the infirmary, and moonlight filtered through the small thin silk curtains that covered each of them.

Inside the infirmary, one of the bed's laid occupied. On the bed closest to the door, the sleeping figure of Lucy Heartfilia lay still.
Her breaths were soft as she slept, the rise and fall of her chest steady.

And then suddenly, her eyes opened.

•••

3rd Person POV
And then suddenly, her eyes opened.

Lucy blinked, feeling her eyes fall closed again. She let out a small groan, trying to readjust herself in the comfy infirmary bed.
She moved her arms and tried to turn over, but she felt sudden feeling of weight on her legs.
Lucy groaned again, this time a little louder, and forced her heavy eyelids open. She looked down at her legs in aggravation, ready to scold whoever was holding her back when she felt her heart swell.

At the end of the bed, Lucy saw the sleeping face her dragon.

His pink hair was ruffled and messy, but Lucy thought it made him look cute. Natsu's head laid on one of his arms, and his head was facing towards Lucy.
Lucy felt butterflies in her chest as she looked at his gentle expression, trying not to giggle as he snored softly.

Lucy smiled at him, then slowly began sitting herself up in the bed.

Lucy eventually got herself to sit up, but her legs moved out from under Natsu slightly. As they did, Natsu began to groan and whimper, slowly beginning to stir from his sleep.
"Lu-Lucy, don't leave me." He whimpered in his sleep as he lost contact with Lucy's legs.

Lucy's eyes snapped back to Natsu, feeling her heart ache at the sight of pain on Natsu's once  content face.
Lucy pursed her lips and then leaned forward, puttinf her hands on Natsu and shaking him slightly.

"Natsu, Natsu wake up." She cooed, feeling her smile return as Natsu's eyes fluttered open and immediately snapped up, locking themselves onto hers.
Lucy watched as pools of tears formed in Natsu's small green eyes, feeling the sudden warmth one of her own tears falling onto her cheek.

And then, as if lightning, Natsu practically jumped at Lucy. He wrapped his arms around her neck and pulled her close, letting out a distorted sob as he buried his face in Lucy's shoulder.

Lucy's eyes went wide in shock, not expecting Natsu's reaction. She froze in Natsu's embrace, but her heart still ached as Natsu held her tightly.

"I'm so glad you're not dead." Natsu whispered, his voice quivering as it threatened to let out another sob.

At this, Lucy's shock was gone, replaced by pure happiness. She giggled, finally wrapping her arms around Natsu.
"I'm promised I wouldn't die, didn't I?" Lucy asked with a large smile.

Natsu nodded and sniffled. He then grabbed Lucy's shoulders tightly, pushing her back lightly so that the two were face to face.
Natsu looked into Lucy's eyes, moving his hands to her cheeks now.

"I'm never leaving your side again Lucy. Never." Natsu said.
Lucy almost jumped at how surprised she was, shocked at how serious Natsu's expression was.

It took her a moment, but Lucy closed her eyes and melted into Natsu's touch, leaning her head closer to Natsu's warm hand.
"Good." Lucy whispered with a content smile on her face.

There was a second of silence, and then Lucy spoke again.
"I love you Natsu." Lucy added and opened her eyes again to stare back at Natsu.

Lucy watched as a grin spread across Natsu's face, and he let out a small breathy laugh.
Natsu leaned in, placing a light kiss on Lucy's lips.
"I love you too." He said as he pulled away, his goofy smile making Lucy let out a small laugh.

To Natsu's shock, Lucy pulled him back towards her, and the two melted together in a loving embrace.

And in that moment, they knew that they were in for an adventure of a lifetime.

T H E   E N D