twєntч-twσ

Lucy's POV
I sighed, putting my chin in my hand as I propped my elbow against the train window.

That job was harder than expected, luckily we had the others to help us and it wasn't just me and Natsu.

It was late evening, around 8 o'clock, and we were on our way back to Magnolia.
Everyone else was asleep; Erza, Gray, Wendy, and Carla all slept peacefully across from me. In my lap laid my dragon, one of my hands tangled in his salmon locks. He was mumbling cutely, something about fighting Gray.
I giggled quietly, smiling down at him.

As I stared down at Natsu, I suddenly heard a loud scream in my ears.

"LUCY!" About 3 or 4 voices pounded in my head.
I grunted lightly and grabbed my forehead, rubbing my temples to make the pain stop.
As the pain died down, I looked around.
None of my other teammates had heard the screams, either that or it didn't disturb them which I doubt.

Another voice came in my head, one I thought was familiar.

"Shhhh, she cant hear you~"

" What did you do to her!"

"She's stuck in an eternal illusion. She'll never be able to get out, but it's not like she'd want to."

I held back the urge to groan in pain, not wanting to disturb my friends slumber.

What the hell is going on?

What are these voices?

I sucked in a painful breath as they continued, saying something about a fantasy world or something.

Finally the pain began to die down, the voices seeming to go quiet for a moment before it came again, this time only one voice.

"You'll pay for making me second guess my feelings Zeref, you'll rue the day you crossed FairyTail."
After that they went quiet, leaving me to wonder what had just happened.

Maybe it's connected to my weird dream? They did mention something about this Zeref person.
But why did they seem so real?

Why am I hearing them now when I haven't thought about my dream since this morning?

I looked around the train cart again, my comrades still sleeping peacefully. I looked back out the window and gasped silently, seeing the outside world become distorted.
"What is going on?" I breathed.

I got hit with the same searing pain in my temples again, only this time it felt ten times worse. The voices began again, screaming and yelling echoing through my head.

I finally let out a scream of pain, my throat burning from the intense pain. I frantically looked around, but still no one woke up.

"GIVE US LUCY-SAN BACK!" A voice that sounded just like Wendy's boomed in my head.

"JUST GIVE UP NOW! YOU'RE NEVER GETTING HER BACK!"

"WE WON'T ABANDON FAMILY!" Gray's voice echoed, hearing a muttered spell shortly after.
I screamed again, taking my other hand and grabbing my head in hopes to stop the pain.

"LUCY IS A PART OF FAIRYTAIL! WE'LL NEVER GIVE UP ON HER!" Erza yelled in my head.

"YOU FAIRY'S ARE SO NAIVE! CAN'T YOU ACCEPT THAT SHE'S GONE?!"

Tears began running down my face, dripping down onto Natsu's cheek.
My ears began to ring and my vision got blurry.

"NEVER!"
My breath caught in my throat, hearing Natsu's voice screaming.

"SHE ISN'T GONE, SHE ISN'T ALLOWED TO BE GONE! NOT YET! NOT UNTIL I GET THE CHANCE TO CHERISH HER! NOT UNTIL SHE GETS HER HAPPY ENDING!" Natsu's voice boomed.

More tears began to spring into my eyes and I choked out a distorted sob.
The pain was getting worse, but I couldn't focus on that after hearing Natsu say those words.

I screamed again, memories popping back into my head.

The war.

Zeref.

My friends.

The real Natsu-My Natsu.

It all came rushing back, painfully pounding against my head like an angry animal against their cage.

I felt my stomach get heavier and a bright white light began shining at my feet. The light travelled up my body, but I couldn't focus on it because the pain had reached an extreme level.

As the light reached waist, the pain becoming unbearable, I felt a hand cup my cheek.
Surprised, I opened my eyes, looking down to meet the eyes of none other than Natsu Dragneel.

The fake one.

"N-atsu" I choked, my voice weaker than I'd ever heard it. I reached down for him, my arms failing me as they got trapped by the light.

"I love you Lucy" He said, smiling up at me.
The light had reached my chest now, rapidly moving up my neck to my chin.

I screamed for Natsu one last time as it enveloped me in its brightness.