ѕєvєntєєn

Gray's POV
I stopped and looked around, panting as I stared into the clear forest. The air was cold and I saw snow began to fall.

A twig snapped behind me and I whipped around, ready to attack.
"Hey! Hey it's just me!" Natsu said as he flinched.

I relaxed my muscles and breathed out in relief.
"What are you doing here Natsu?" I asked and he sighed.

"I honestly have no clue. I've been being guided by this female voice in my head. She keeps telling me she's leading me to Zeref." Natsu explained and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Some voice in your head?! Do you know how suspicious that sounds?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes!" He yelled. "But the woman in my head said that Lucy was in danger and if I didn't follow her directs I wouldn't get to her in time" Natsu said and I sighed.

"Is she talking to you now?" I asked.

"No, she's been mysteriously quiet." He responded.
I shook my head and was about to speak again when we heard footsteps approach us.

We both got into a fighting stance.
Out of the trees came the Invel, and by his side........The Rain Woman.

No. Not her. Anyone but her.

"Hello boys" Invel said.
Natsu growled and I just tried to find her eyes.
I didn't want to be the one to fight her. I would fight all of them but her, any of them.

"Gray? Gray are you ok?" Natsu asked.
Invel snickered and finally her once vibrant blue eyes met mine. They were pale and void of emotion now.

"Juvia."

•••

I yawned as I walked up to a fruit stand and payed for an apple, taking a bite as I walked away.

I continued to walk down the sidewalk as I stared up at the clouds, hoping to see something interesting.

"God, today is so boring." I said and sighed.
Suddenly, I felt a bump on my chest and a small "eep!" noise.

I looked down and saw I had accidentally bumped into a blue haired girl.

"Oh, sorry." I said and reached my hand out.
She grabbed my hand and nodded her head at me.

"Thanks" She said in a small voice.
I looked her straight in the eyes and saw the most vibrant blue color I've ever seen in my life.

She smiled at me and I felt the tips of my ears heat up.

"Yeah, no problem." I said.

I let go of her hand but my eyes stayed locked on hers.

•••

"So, you're with Phantom Lord?" I asked as the blue haired girl, now known as Juvia, walked with me.

"Yes, Juvia is there with her best friend Gajeel-kun." Juvia said and I nodded.

"You do know our guilds are rivals right?" I asked her.

"Of course Juvia does." She said.
I looked her in the eyes and I knew she was thinking the same thing I was.