twєntч-thrєє

Hey guys so before this chapter starts I just wanted to prematurely say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2K ON THIS STORY THATS FUCKINH INSANE THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Ok, enjoy the chapter xD

- Frankie

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Natsu's POV
I blinked away the tears that formed in my eyes, trying to focus on fighting but was almost impossible.
I couldn't stop thinking about Lucy and how happy she looked.

It's selfish of me, I know. She finally looked happy, really genuinely happy.
And she was with a better Natsu than I could ever be. He held her hand and kissed her like she was the world. And I don't know if I could ever do that.
If I'm ever going to be able to.

I've never known love the way I feel it with Lucy, it scares me more than anything else in this world.

But I at least want to try. I want to try and be the best I can for her.

Which is why I have to get her back. I'm selfish, and I don't care. I want her back with me, the real me. I want to hold her tightly and listen to her talk about stars. I want to smell her lovely vanilla strawberry shampoo.
I want to hold her face and kiss her just like how I did before on that warm breezy nights. Or like how I did in the guild before this entire disaster, before I let her go.

I blinked as hard as I could to try and stop the tears and then shot more magic at Zeref, watching him deflect it with ease.
We were growing weaker by the second, even with Wendy's support magic to back us up.

"REQUIP!: HEAVEN'S WHEEL!" I heard Erza cast, throwing her swords.

"SKY DRAGON ROAR!"
Zeref deflected both attacks, and Gray groaned in frustration.

"Guys! We're losing!" He yelled, throwing another attack that inevitably missed and then dodging another ball of black magic that was shot at him.

"Well we can't stop fighting!" Erza yelled back, dodging Zeref's magic.

"I'm not saying give up! I'm saying we need a god damn plan!" He retorted back, the tension in his body visually rising as he dodged again.

"Natsu why don't you-" Wendy began to yell but stopped and screamed when she was encased suddenly in a bubble.

My blood ran cold at her shriek.
"WENDY!" I screamed and went to run for her when a bubble formed around me as well.

My claws scratched the bubble as they collided and I hissed in aggravation, backing up and turning back to Zeref.

I looked around and saw Erza and Gray stuck in bubbles as well, banging on the sides to try to escape.
The bubble's began to float up off the ground and I immediately looked at Zeref to see if he was the reason, but his eyes were glinting with such amusement and shock I knew it couldn't have been him.

My stomach felt like it was doing back flips just from floating a little bit off the ground but I ignored it as I heard someone's footsteps in the trees.

I looked in the direction of the sound, seeing the tree tops tussling. The ground began to rumble as the soft footfalls grew closer, and soon there was a full on earthquake that shook the ground so hard the seas might as well have parted.

The shaking make the bubble I was trapped in wobble and I lost my balance causing me to fall on my butt at the bottom of the bubble.

My wings were uncomfortably squished together and there were claw marks on the ground from where I had been standing before.