seis: Nick

Carmen's POV
  "Attendance for detention was not 100%, And you were part of the reason. I am in charge of that, and I am not letting you make me look bad at my job. You had better show up today," Ms. Pencil skirt scolded me.

  I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Alright."

  This is so unfair. I haven't even done anything wrong... as far as she knows.

  They say, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime." . I can do the time. Just give it to my for the right crime! They also say, "everything is allowed, as long as you don't get caught.". That's correct, but here I am still having to do the time!

  I went through the school day as usual then dragged my sorry self all the way to the library for detention.

  I walked in, and there, sitting on one of the only open tables, was hul- just kidding, it was Mr. smooth. The one I met on the way to second period on the first day of school. Y'now, the one I was trying to figure out weather he was an f-boy or not.

"Well if it isn't Mr. smooth.", I said sitting down across from him.

"Mr. Smooth?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Sshhhh!", Our prison guard, a.k.a Mrs. Ram, hissed.

I lowered my voice. "Would you prefer Mr. cochino?"

"Mr. What?"

"Cochino, it means pig." I told him.

  He put his his hands up in defense. "No, no. Mr. Smoooth's good." He said leaning back in his chair.

Mhm.

  "Wait, what's you're actual name?" I asked him.

  "Nooo, I like mr. Smooth," He wined.

  "I'll still call you that, just tell me your actual name."

  "How do I know that?"

  "Just trust me. I stick with my nicknames. I've got one for literally everyone I've met here." I whispered to him, to stay under the radar of our prison guard.

  "Alright. It's Joey," He told me.

I nodded. "I'm Carmen."

"Cool, but now I've gotta come up with a nickname for you." He said sitting up and stroking his chin.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because, you have one for everyone else." He told me.

"Doesn't mean I need or want one."

"To bad. You're get'n one."

He narrowed his eyes and cocked his head to the side. "Hmmm." After a few more seconds of staring, "Nick."

"Nick?"

What? Nick? How'd he get that from Carmen?

"How'd you get that from Carmen?!"

What? I say what's on my mind.

"Cause you give everyone nicknames." He said emphasizing the 'nick' part.

"Um. Ookaayy." I thought about it for a second. "Don't you think that's gonna be a little weird? And people are probably going to be so confused."