Veintiuno: My trip

I stormed off to what I'm assuming is the cafeteria.

  "Carmen, wait," Joey called.

  I turned back to him. "What?"

  He blinked.

  I don't think he was expecting me to actually listen.

  After a few seconds. "You alright?" He asked.

  "I'm fine," I told him sincerely.

  I kept walking the way I was headed. I'm not going to have an emotional breakdown. What the big guy did honestly didn't surprise me that much, but I do need to be alone for a bit, just to breathe. To collect my thoughts.

  "Hmm. You sure?" He said, with an eyebrow raised I can imagine.

  "Yes Joseph. When have you ever known me not to be fine?" I sighed with a glance back at him and small amused smirk.

  I continued walking.

  Right before I entered I heard him say, "did she just call me Joseph?"

  This made me smirk.

  I shook my head. This kid.

  I paused and just let my mind wonder. My thoughts drifted to someone else. I sighed. That kid.

He almost punched me.

. . .

. . . Why do I give literally no craps?

  Why is it that if he came in here right now and apologized, I'd hear him out. In fact, I'd probably do him one better. I'd forgive him.

  Maybe it's that I just don't have the energy, and therefor, don't have the will, to hold a grudge against this guy. Holding grudges sucks a lot of life outta ya. Or, it does for me, anyway. First, you've gotta remember what you're holding the grudge about, and as someone with a terrible memory, that's just a drag. Then you've gotta watch the person you're mad at squirm in discomfort when they're around you. I get that's the best part for some people, but I personally hate it.

  My mind set is, if they apologize, forgive them. If they don't, forget them, 'cause I'm too lazy to do otherwise.

  Not to mention I've already made so many enemies. School used to be my escape from my crapy home life. Now, I just go from my crapy home life to my crapy school life.

  Basically, what I've deducted from this sitting, is that I NEED FRIENDS.

  NO MORE ENEMIES!

  So, Hulk jr is either going to be forgiven or forgotten 'cause, he ain't causing me any more problems!

  I took a deep breath and let it out.

  I stood up and started heading to the doors of what did turn out to be the cafeteria, and was nearly trampled when a huge group of hungry teenagers came stampeding in.

  "Dinner Time!" Coach Brown yelled.

  Everything turned to chaos with friends trying to find tables with each other, and people stealing from other's lunch boxes to get the best meal.

  I'm not joking.

  People are literally mauling each other for the best food.

  Thank goodness I haven't had to deal with-

  Wait, where's my lunch box!

  I whipped my head around trying to find it. I spotted a guy sprinting away with it, like his life depended on it — which at this point, it does. No one messes with my food.