nueve: How 'bout a high five?

"Hey, Mark I need to talk to you about the other day," I whispered.

  I wasn't trying to whisper. That's just how it came out.

I'm super embarrassed. I don't want to be apologizing to this jerk face. I don't even mind all these douchebags ignoring me and giving me looks. But, it's another thing entirely when other people are getting dragged into it, so I'll have to try to reason with Mark, for them.

He didn't respond.

  I sighed. "Listen, I don't care if you give me the silent treatment, I don't care if the whole school keeps giving me the silent treatment. Just leave those other kids out of it."

  He looked up at me from where he was sitting. "And what would we get out of it?" He enquired blankly.

  How bout I just don't kick your butt?

  "Um. A hardy 'thank you' and and a high five," I told him instead.

  He chuckled, but not in a nice way. "You're cute," He said mockingly.

"Fine, well, what'd you want?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Alright, listen. I rarely give second chances, and I don't give thirds, so the fact that I'm even looking at you right now is making history," He says bluntly.

Oh boy, I'm so blessed.

I gave him a look telling him to go on.

"Okay, So you're going to have to find your own way to make it up to these guys," he said pointing to his friends around the table. "but what I want, is for you to take up my offer for that chemistry lesson," He smirked, leaning back on his chair with a raised eyebrow.

". . .How 'bout a high five?"

His smirk fell. "Goodbye Carmen." He went back to eating his food.

"Wait, come on-"

"This conversation is over unless you want to the have rest of it in the janitor's closet," He cut me off, standing up with his friends following.

The janitor's closet?

"What?" I asked.

He turned and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

Oohhh. The janitor's closet is where he... ew! . . . Poor janitor.

He turned back around and started swiftly walking away. I jogged to catch up to him. "Oh come on! I could even do your homework or something!"

Wow. I sound really desperate.

Oh wait, I am. Haha.

"Goodbye Carmen," He said more sternly, striding out the door.

I didn't bother going after him this time. I knew nothing I said would work.

I sighed. "Well, I tried," I muttered under my breath.

I got in line, got my food, and of course! No one wanted me sitting at their table.

Surprise, surprise.

I scanned the room and spotted hulk Jr., Mr. Smooth, and Sam, all sitting at the same table.