Veinticuatro: Get. Me. Out

"No! Let. Go!"

  "You need to stay in bed!"

  "I don't want to stay in bed!"

  "We don't care!"

Sam, the guys and I are currently in a fight to the death to get me to lay back down. There is nothing too wrong with my legs and my ribs feel fine so, why can't I venture from this stuffy room? I've been laying in this bed waaayy too long. I gats ta move!

On the positive side though, they are all at a huge disadvantage. It seems like it should be the other way around — me being crippled and all — but they're the ones that have to be all gentle and carful. All I have to do is let out a fake(or real) yelp, and their hands fly up faster than if they were playing hot potato.

  Although. . . I think they're learning my tricks. They're hands are flying up slower and slower by the minute.

  "Let. Me. Go!" I yelled at them.

  "No!" They all exclaimed in unison.

  All of a sudden Sam reached over and covered my ears with her hands.

  What?

  I can see their mouths moving, but I have no idea what they're saying. Sam is talking frantically and the guys are responding with a seres of nods and head shakes.

  What the heck is going on?

  I was still squirming around, trying to get out of their grips that were slowly, but surely, loosening.

  Out of nowhere, they all let go for a split second. I tried to use this opportunity to jump out of bed, but my ribs and messed up shoulders slowed me down.

  I said my ribs are fine, not perfect.

  Before I could even process what was happening, Corey grabbed both my hands and and kept them in his strong grip. Sam wrapped her arms around my legs to keep them from flailing around, and Joey -get ready for this- sprung onto the bed AND STRADDLED ME! Putting some, but not all, of his weight- cause I'm crippled- on top of me. Rendering me unable to move.

  We made eye contact and I was ready for the wave of awkwardness to hit us like a bat, but it never did. Instead, Joey slapped on the goofiest smile in the world. So, instead of just staring blankly at each other, I had to restrict myself from laughing. This hole thing actually made me forget how a (very) far from bad look male is straddling me.

  My movement was restricted so that the most I was capable of was whipping my head around to glare at each of my captors.

  They. Are. So. Stubborn.

I finally stopped struggling and just pouted. "Why won't you let me leave?"

"Because, The doctor said no." Joey told me like he was talking to a two year old.

Sam and Corey nodded.

I pouted even more. "But I don't wanna stay in bed! The sky's awake so, I'm awake so, I have to play."

"Oh, stop quoting a six year old and man up." Joey joked.

I stared at him. "Why on earth would I want to do that?"

Sam rolled her eyes, but still had on a small smile. "Just stop whining like a baby." She said grabbing a pillow with her free hand and throwing at my face.

I couldn't catch it because, Corey still has a tight grip on my hands. I got a face full of pillow.

  Of course, they all found this hilarious.

A few seconds followed where none of us spoke. We were all kind of just staring off into space when the laughter died down.

". . . Sooo, are we just going to sit like this all day or. . ." I commented.

"Are you going to behave?" Joey asked like he was talking to a two year old, again.

I gave my best puppy dog eyes and nodded.

They all slowly let go of me. Once they were clear of the bed I took my chance.

Sadly, I only got one foot on the ground before I was forced back to laying down.

I don't think they realize that this is probably more taxing on my body than going on a walk.

"Carmen!" They all yelled at me.

I gave a small shrug. "What can I say, I'm a savage," I grinned with intentional cringe worthy-ness.

  "Oh my god." Sam chuckled while the others shook their heads in amusement/disapproval

  "What? Is all of this," I gestured to myself. "Too LIT for you?" I made sure to exaggerate the word LIT. A massive dork like I using that word isn't often appreciated.

What? If I can't persuade them to stop holding me against my will, then I'll make them cringe to death.

  "Oh my god. No. Just, no." Joey shook his head.

  "Yeah, stop. Never again." Sam instructed.

  Corey shook his head vigorously.

  I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash.

  "Lit. Lit. LIT. Lit. LITY. Lit! Liiiiiittttt!"

"No, stop! Please!"

  "I can't take this anymore!"

  "Ahhhh!"

  We all broke out laughing.

  Ow.

  "No, but seriously-" I was cut off by the doctor nurse lady walking.

  "Good evening kids." She chimed. "I have good news."

  We all gave her our attention.

  "Carmen no longer needs to stay in bed all day, meaning, you guys no longer need to take care of her." She announced.

  A huge grin grew on my face.

  YES! Good bye stuffy AF room.

  "Awww," Joey, Corey, and Sam whined.

  I chuckled.

They told me before that helping me out was getting them out of all the lame camp activities.

  "Booo!" Joey exclaimed.

   "So I can leave?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, ignoring Joey.

  "Yes, but take it easy," She told me sternly. "We don't need you getting re-injured."

  I nodded then fist pumped the air. "Free at last!"

  I threw Joey off of me—yes, this hole thing was going on while they were still pinning me down—and wiggled free of the other's grips.

  I leaped off the bed and-

  "Hey!" Dr. Nurse lady scolded.

  My head whipped in her direction.

  "I said take it easy."

————————————————
(A/N)
  Oh my lord! I'm a terrible "author". Two late updates in a row, and this one was REALLY late. Sorry! I've been busy, but who isn't, right? so, I'm not gonna use that as an excuse. I'll try and update sooner. I hope you liked this chapter.

  Also, merry almost Christmas and happy holidays:)

  Chap. 24.

"But given that it's a stupid decision, I've elected to ignore it."
-Nick Fury

  Hope you enjoyed:) until next time.