Treintaitres: Mental Abuse To Humans

Carmen's POV- Thursday, last period
  I looked up at the clock.

10 more minuets until I spend an hour trying to teach a brick headed skyscraper algebra.

Once Coach found out I flaked the last few days, he threatened to bring my grade down to an F if I didn't show. So, I have no choice but to help the aggravating douchebag. Coach also didn't forget to remind me that his grade is my grade, so I'm stuck actually exerting effort on the walking tree.

'Bzzt,' my phone buzzed.

Birth giver:
Josh is going to be out of town on a business trip again this weekend, so you'll have the house to yourself. Don't do anything stupid!

Carmen:
First of all, yaaayyyyyy!
Second of all, where are you and Tony gonna be?

Birth giver:
Tony will be doing something with his flag football team, and I'm going with Josh. He thought we could both use a vacation.

Carmen:
From...

Birth giver:
You.

Carmen:
Ah.

Mom always tried to get Tony involved with things to keep distance between him and Josh. She sort of just gave up on me.

Part of me can't really blame her though. I pushed her and her pathetic attempts to make things seem better away. Plus, Josh has always hated me more, so her work would have gone down the drain anyway.

Tony has always been better at swallowing the pill of having to act timid and obedient around him.

And honestly, thank god for that. I don't know if I could handle watching my baby brother go through what I do.

Birth giver:
Now don't go throwing any parties while we're gone! I want the house spotless by the time we come back.

Oh yeah, 'cause I'm such a party animal.

Carmen:
It's already a pig's sty.

Birth giver:
And who's fault is that?

Carmen:
Josh's

Birth giver:
Carmen!

Carmen:
What?

Birth giver:
Don't speak about him that way!

Carmen:
Technically, I'm typing.

Birth giver:
Don't be such a smart a$$ you little brat! You're lucky we have a flight to catch or I'd — click.

I turned off my phone.

I could tell that was Josh at the end by his favorite nickname for me. He must have been reading over my mom's shoulder.

Oops.

My mom usually deletes conversations like those just so Josh doesn't blow his top — because, yes, he is the kind of husband who rummages through you're phone unannounced. Surprised? He's also the kind of "father" who will break your phone in half for texting a friend he doesn't approve of. So, in summary, everyone who ever walked the face of the earth.

No matter how long and complex I make a password, he always finds a way in. Once, I made it the first 30 digits of pie and — after getting pissed at me for changing my password without asking him — he cracked it.

The pass code, not my phone. That's a whole other story.

Y'know how some people think a way to a girls heart is through her stomach? Well, others believe it's through her phone, and both are accurate for most girls. So, my suspicion is that he's trying to get control of us by controlling our phones. Who we talk to, what we say, why we say it. It's all so aggravating and stalker-ish. That's why I do my best to buck the system. To show the douchebag he doesn't have control. At least, not over me.