We Need To Talk

The next day at work things were awkward between Rider and Greg. No one picked up on it expect for Spike and Oliver. "Hey Rider, can I talk to you for a second?" Spike asked. "Sure." He lead her into the boys locker room. "Hey Oli." "Hey Rider." "What do you need Spike?" "What's going on between you and the boss? You guys haven't snapped, yelled or gave each other the death glare once today. Are you guys friends now?" "Nothing is going on between me and the boss. I'm tired and don't feel like arguing with him. Is that it Spike?" "Yeah." Rider turned to walk out and ran into someone again. "Excuse me, I'm just leaving." That voice belonged to Greg. "Are you okay?" "Sure." Before Rider could say anymore, he was gone. The workout session went well until Wordy turned on Lady in Waiting. "Really bro?" Rider sat up on the bench press table. "Hey! I got four girls at home anything to help me understand what's going on with them is good." "Whatever." Rider went to the locker room and started to change. "Team one hot call! Team one hot call!" Winnie called over the intercom system. "Damn!" Rider finished getting her boots on and ran out to the car. Wordy, Spike and Sam shared a car. Jules, Ed and Oliver shared a car. Unfortunately, Rider was made to ride with Greg. "Eddie, fill me in when we get there. I need to take care of something." With that Greg turned his headset off. "Turn yours off." Rider did as she was told and turned her headset off. "We need to talk." "About what?" "You know about what." "Look boss, I understand if you regret kissing me, next time just tell me." "Rider, we've been at each other's throats since you got here. I know that you don't think its fair or whatever for me to do what I did, but I don't regret it." "Don't lie to me Greg Parker." "I'm not. Come to my house after the hot call and I'll explain it to you. Turn your headset back on." Spike was in the middle of giving some information to Ed about Babycakes being able to handle the bomb. When they arrived on scene, Spike and Oliver went to get Babycakes set up. Wordy and Rider were helping clear out civilians. Ed and Jules were getting Greg caught up. Sam was in the command truck. "Come on people! You have to leave the area!" Wordy and Rider repeated it so many times, that Rider thought staying back to watch Lady in Waiting with her brother was a good idea. "That's the last of the civilians boss." "Get back here. Both of you." Greg sounded almost angry. Wordy brushed it off, but Rider knew it was because of her. Babycakes was able to diffuse the bomb and they were back by dinner time. "Come on sis, Shelli made dinner." Wordy was excited to be home in time to put his kids to bed. "Nah, I'm gonna hang back with Spike and Oli." "Alright." Wordy didn't realize that everyone but Rider and Greg had gone home already. "Hey you ready?" Greg asked, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Yeah." "Can I ask you something?" "Is that the only way you'll let me in the car?" "Yes." That signature Greg Parker smile crept on to his face. "What is it?" "How did you get the nickname Rider?" "A teacher gave it to me because I used to ride on Wordy's back so I wouldn't get lost." "Oh. Hop in." Rider climbed into the car where, just yesterday her boss kissed her. "Your house is so small." "Well, I'm the only one who lives here." "What do you need to explain boss?" Rider stretched her words. "I know the reason why we fight so much. We both care deeply about each other and we don't want to see each other hurt." "No boss. This can't happen. Inter team dating is against the rules." "You can't deny it Lola! You know its there!" "It may be there, but we have rules against this stuff for a reason!" "Just give me a chance. If Sam and Jules can keep a relationship a secret, so can we." "Let me think about it. I'll let you know tomorrow." "Okay." "I'm gonna head home now." This time Greg let walk her home, seeing as it was just down the street.