I'm Alive! I Think?!

After the new year, work was in full swing. Greg and Rider had a routine. Greg, being up before everyone, would wake Dean up. Dean would start getting ready for school. Greg would get Rider up and entice her out of bed with coffee. By four, everyone was ready for their intended location. They would drop Dean off at school and then head into work. During the new year, Ed and Jules moved in together. Greg's phone went off as a text. "Hey babe, will you read that? Its probably Eddie." He said. "I need to see you. Haley." Rider read. "Call Ed and tell him we'll be a little late." Rider looked for Ed's name in Greg's phone. "What is his name in your phone?" "Cat man." Go figure. Before Rider joined the team, they were on a hot call and Ed let a cat get the best of him. She never got the full story just that Ed is scared of cats. "Hey Eddie, its Rider. We are going to be late in." "Anything I can do?" "Its personal." "Okay. Take care guys." "We will Eddie." Rider hung up and gave Greg his phone back. "Thank you for helping me with Haley." "No problem. Hey this isn't Haley's number. Let's go to work." "Maybe she's in trouble?" "No, babe she'd call." "Okay." "Babe, don't take this the wrong way, but what the hell?!" Greg slammed on the brakes as a blue car pulled out in front of them. "Did you get the plate?" "Calling Winnie as we speak." The line rang until the smooth voice answered. "Jules Callaghan." The voice identified itself. "Jules, what the hell are you doing in Winnie's chair?" Rider's heart had finally stopped pounding. "Winnie had to go to the bathroom. What can I do?" "Run a plate." "Numbers." "Charlie, 2, Sierra, Ed, 5, 0." "I'll have the report ready when you and the boss get here." "Thanks Jules. You suck." "He he." She forced her laugh and hung up. "She'll have the report made up for us when we get there." "Okay. Lola?" "Yes." "Have you ever-um never mind." "No, what is it snot head? You and my brother do the same damn thing. Say it." "Do you regret the decisions you have made?" They pulled into the parking lot. "Not a single one hun. Come on, we have to figure out who tried to smash the car." The ambition and energy flowing from Rider was more than usual. It brought a smile to his face. They walked into the building and it was a shade of quiet they weren't comfortable with. "Greg, Rider. They want him-" Ed poked Greg "-to do our psych evals. Jules talked Niels out of it." "How?" "By telling him SRU and officers must have forty eight hour notice. Here's your file." Jules and Ed walked off. Greg read over Rider's shoulder. "No way in hell, Shopie was driving that car." Greg's tone matched Rider's face. "I dunno. Its her in the picture and her license plate number." "Spike, I'll kill you when my head stops hurting." Oliver walked in looking really bad. Spike limped behind him. "Quit drinking vodka and I wouldn't have to do that." Spike replied. "Quit buying me vodka." "Shut up!" Rider snapped, shutting the folder. "What's gotten into her Greg? Does she need Spike's help?" Before Oliver could even laugh, Greg's eyes bore into Oliver's soul. "With the case?" "No. Oli, go home. Spike take Oli home." While Spike was gone the hot call from hell was soon to change the team foREVer.