The Ghosts Of Christmas

*Rider Dream* Rider is chasing Dean's heat signature, trying to find him. "Come on Dean, we are trying to help." She whispered. Then, the door in front of her, burst open. Dean leads her on a chase to which she loses him. "Fuck!" Rider backtracks and finds him in the middle of traffic. "Come on Dean! You're smarter than this! Come back over to me and we'll sort this out!" Negotiating over all the traffic noise is harder than it looks. "How would you know how smart I am!? You've known me for two weeks!" "Just trust me Dean. Please." Dean runs through traffic and is struck by a car. Rider runs over and sees he's not moving. She drops to her knees and starts crying. "No! No! Fuck! No! Dean!" Her screams are drowned out by the sounds of the busy street. "Come on Rider that's enough." Ed says, pulling her up. "No! Dean, I'm sorry! I failed you! I'm sorry!" *Real Life* Rider bolts up and looks around. She starts crying and can't pull herself together. As if a routine, Greg wakes up and pulls her to him. "Where are we?" Even forming a simple sentence took Rider a good minute. "Spike and Oli's dinning room. Come on, hon. Calm down." The body a few feet from them stirred. "What happened?" Dean's groggy voice made Rider feel safe. "Just the ghosts of Christmas. I'm okay Dean. Go back to sleep." "Okay, I love you mom." "I love you too." Dean rolled over and went back to sleep. "Arm." Greg said. Rider threw an arm around Greg's neck. He picked up and carried her to the living room. Ed, Jules and Wordy were sleeping in there. Greg flipped the light on waking the three of them up. "Come on guys up." Greg said, shaking Ed. "Um. Five more minutes babe." Ed moaned. Rider couldn't help but laugh. Jules giggled and Wordy just wanted to go back to sleep. Greg grabbed the neck of Ed's shirt, startling him awake. "Good, you're awake." Greg said, letting go of him. "Bad dream, sis?" Wordy asked rubbing circles on her back. Rider nodded her head yes. "Tell us about it. You know you'll feel better." Wordy knew exactly what to do when his little sister had nightmares. "We were chasing Dean and he was standing in the middle of the road. I tried to negotiate him, but he ran and got hit by a car." Rider started crying again. Greg's mouth hung open and everybody else was shocked. "I understand if you guys don't want me around anymore. I'll get my stuff out of your house as soon as we get there." Rider's head hung low and she could feel everyone's eyes on her. "Sis, I want you around and I always will. You are good for the girls and you are good for me." Wordy said, he had done this a million times before. "Rider, I want you around. You have taught me that being a negotiator is more than just talking. You've also helped me make the right decisions when it comes to my relationships." Jules was new to this experience, but she followed Wordy's lead. "Shorty, I want you around. Without you some of our jumper calls would've went south quick. You do your job and bring a spark to the family that might not have existed without you." Ed talked to her from his little heart. "Lola, I want you here forever. No nightmare will scare me away. You bring a light to my life that I haven't had in a long time. I know Dean still wants you around. You guys get along so well. Please let us help you, let me help you." Greg's tone was one full of understanding and care. "You guys are just saying that." Rider replied, picking her head up. "No, we aren't just saying that. We wouldn't just tell you whatever to make you feel better. Rider, you're smarter than that." Ed smiled when he spoke. "I know Eddie. I know." "Come on guys. I think its safe for everyone to go back to bed." Greg said. "Alright guys." Jules smiled. Everyone went back to their sleeping spots. The morning was going to be rough.