I'm so High on Misery

Rider came home the hospital the next day. She returned back to work two days later. They sat  around the SRU and waited for a hot call. "Team one hot call. Hot call!" Winnie called over the intercom. The team got ready and spilt into their teams. Ed, Greg and Oli team alpha. Rider, Wordy and Lew team beta. Spike, Jules and Leah made team Charlie. "Give us something to work with Winnie." Ed needed to know what was going on so he could make a plan. "Shots fired at Clemont Primary school. They are on lockdown but the subject has hostage." "Boss and little boss you guys tag on negotiation and we'll be right with you." " Kevin, we are headed toward Lilly's school. " It had just dawned on Rider. "Wordy, you'll have to stay in the truck. Don't disobey your sister or me." Greg was stern because he knows how much Wordy's girls mean to him. "Lets go keep the peace." Wordy replied. The teams walked in and the negotiators went to work. "Greg, I can't be in here. It's my dad." " Lola, I need you in here because that means he is here for Lils. " Greg was taking a huge risk keeping Rider in the school knowing not only her niece is in the building, but her father as well. "Can you tell us your why we are here sir?" Greg decided he would start the negotiation. " I want to see my grandkids. " "Why can't you see your grandkids sir?" " My wayward son and daughter won't let me. I made a mistake leaving them and I want to fix it but they won't let me. " "Sir, I can't speak for your children, but I can let them speak to you. Would you like to speak with your daughter and son?" " Yes! " "Lew, bring Kevin in here." "Okay boss." " Sir, your  son will be here in a couple minutes. Why don't you calm down? " "No!" Wordy walked in and Lew went back to the truck. "Hey dad, it's Kevin. It's been a long time. This is little Lola." Wordy slung an arm around his sister's shoulders. "Dad, I know it's been a while and you want to know your grandbabies, but by doing this it's not going to help. Kevin and I really don't want our friends to have to shoot you because you still have the hostage. Dad, put the gun down, let Mr. Teal go and we can take you to see them. That's what you want right?" Greg was proud of his wife and her brother. They tagged the negotiation just like they would. "You promise punk?" Wordy smiled at the name his father chose to call his little sister. "I promise pops now please put the gun down and let Mr. Teal go." He did as Rider instructed. "Dad, I have to put to put these on you just for your own protection. Kev, you go get Lilly and bring her out." " You got it sissy. " Wordy took off towards a classroom as Greg and the rest of the team went outside. "Did you marry that jerk Jeff?" " No papà. I married this guy right here. " Rider grabbed Greg's shoulder and smiled. She could see Wordy walking towards them with Lilly. "Lils, your daddy and I would like you to meet your grandpa. Grandpa this is your oldest grandkid, Lilly." "Hi Lilly. My name is Adrian." " Hi, you my daddy and auntie daddy? " "Yeah. I got to go sweetie. Please take care of them." " I will. " Jules and Leah took the Wordsworth's dad down to the police station while rest of the team went to change. "Hey brother, can I catch a ride to the Goose in the mini van express?" "Yeah, you okay?" " Yeah. " The siblings got into Wordy's can and followed Greg's car. "I remember when you and Shelli first got together. She'd been in that marriage for two years and she couldn't get out. We helped her and she was able to turn her life around and became an excellent mother, a wonderful wife and the best goddamn sister in law anyone could ask for. Kevin I'm really sorry for what happened to her and I just want you to know I never intended for her to die." " I know sissy. All you did was your best and I know Shelli wouldn't want you to be sitting here holding onto all this guilt. " Rider starts to break down. "No, sissy don't cry. Everything is going to be all right. I don't want you having any guilt about Shelli." " I love you brother. " "I love you too sister. Now, no more tears." "Okay." Wordy pulled into the parking lot and shut it off. They walked into the Goose and got a surprise of a life.