How did you do that?

A bang on the door woke Rider up. "Son of a bitch." She mumbled walking to the door. She cracked it and saw Greg talking to someone. Greg had his gun lowered and a concerned look on his face. She crept out of her room and over to Greg. She saw what made him concerned. A patient had Ed in a headlock with a gun to his head. "Where's our kids?" She whispered. "With Kevin and Oli. Work your magic baby." He whispered back. "Hi, my name is Rider. Tell me why we are here." Ed wasn't squirming which made Rider's job a lot easier. "I already told that pig what is going on!" He pointed the gun at Greg when he said pig. "Can you please tell me your name? Let's start with that." "Jerry. Why the hell do you care?!" "I want all of us to make it out alive. There's two guys that are ready to shoot you as soon as Greg gives the word. I'm Rider by the way. Help me help you. Right now, nothing good is going to happen here. Please put the gun down." "Why?! I ain't got no one to go home to. I don't have anything to lose!" "Greg? Help me out." Greg stepped up so he was standing next to Rider. "Listen Jerry, I get it. All you want is an adoring family to go home to. You want what officer Lane has." "But by killing him you won't get you that. All that's going to get you is life in jail." Greg and Rider were back to how they used to negotiate. Tag teaming and it seemed to be working. "If you put the gun down and hand over officer Lane we can keep you from going to jail." "Don't you want your family?" Jerry nodded his head yes when he answered Rider's question. "Let us have him back." Jerry threw the gun done and tossed Ed towards Greg. "Zipties." Greg handed them to Rider. "Jerry, I trust you won't do anything dumb, but I have to put these on for your own protection. Okay?" "Okay." Rider slipped the zipties over his wrist and Jules walked him out. Rider and Greg stood outside the hospital watching Spike help Jules load him into a cop car. "Good job partner." Greg smiled. "Thanks partner. Here come the kids. Thanks for the welcome party babe. I didn't realize you missed me that much." "SRU has been deathly boring without you." "Awe." Kevin and Oliver brought over the kids after everything was cleared. "Mommy!" Kevin shrieked. Rider scooped him up and hugged him. "How have you been for daddy?" "Good. Uncle Kevin and auntie Oli are going to take us to get get doughnuts." Kevin was super excited. "We figured you and Greg should talk." Wordy explained. "Thanks." They took off and Greg made Rider get back in her bed. "Baby, you scared me to death. I thought I was going to lose you. When Kevin said you were shot in the neck I didn't think you'd be coming home. Damn I said I wasn't going to cry." "Baby, its okay to cry. You thought I was going to die. So don't lie and please cry." "Don't do that again." "Okay." They spent the night with Rider at the hospital and she went home the next day.