Chapter 9

~ Mikey's POV ~~

What just happened? I didn't try to force her to tell me. I said okay! What could have happened, that was so bad, making her react like that? Apparently nothing I'll ever know.

~~~~~~~~~

I sit there for another hour and watch the sunrise. It would be so much better with Artemis here...

                      ~~~

I walk into the apartment and quietly shut the door. Luke, Calum and Ashton are probably sound asleep. I mean, I'm rarely up this early. Stupid flashbacks.

~Flashback Michael~

I wake up to blinding lights. White walls, white ceiling, white tile.

"Hello?" I try to call out but my voice is hoarse. Somebody walks in and sits in the chair next to me.

"Hello?" I say again. The person jumps, looks at me, and screams.

"NURSE!! DOCTOR! SOMEBODY!" The woman, I see now it's my aunt, yells. "HE'S FINALLY AWAKE!"

~Present~

I shake my head, trying to forget something I know I never will.

I pad over to the balcony and quietly open and close the door. I almost scream when I turn around because there's a person.

"What are you doing up?!" I look at Ashton, expecting to see his eyes closed. Sleepwalking? He never gets up this early. He usually wakes up last.

"Missy came storming in. She slammed the apartment door and the door to her bedroom. I have no idea how Luke and Calum didn't wake up."

"Was she crying?"

"I don't know." Ash looks at me, confused.

"Okay. Nevermind." I turn around to go back inside. I want coffee.

"Now hold up. Why would she be crying, Michael?"

"I said nevermind." I look at him. He looks truly concerned. Oh my God. He likes her. "You like her."

"What? No I don't." Ash rolls his eyes and turns to look at the view.

"Yes you do. I can tell."

"Yeah well, you do too so shut up."

"I don't."

"You do. When she talks, you light up and watch her every movement. When she smiles or giggles, you smile. When her name is mentioned, you relax. I see you when she's reading, you look at her with a look I've never seen on you. When-"

"Okay! Alright, gosh. Fine. I like her. But she doesn't like me. She likes her 'Husband'" I roll my eyes and plop down in one of the chairs. Ash does the same.

"No she doesn't. To be perfectly honest, I don't think she likes either of us. Have you seen the way she looks at Calum?"

"Yeah." I sigh.

~~

Boo! So, almost 50 reads, thanks! I'm enjoying this book... But I'm wondering: Would my readers enjoy this going towards a mystery/supernatural book as well? Still a 5SOS fan fic but have a bit of that in it? Let me know!

xx

~~