Chapter 15

~~Mikey's POV~~

"We should go to the beach. Go surfing." Calum suggests. We're chillin' on the balcony.

"I'm down for that. Y'all?" Artemis looks around and we nod.

"Sure, why not?"

~                        ~                         ~

My jaw drops. Luke is the best surfer I know and wins every compeitition. When we got to the beach, Missy and Luke flipped when they saw there was a contest. They, of course, entered. I was thinking Luke was gonna smoke her because.. Well that's sexist, I suppose. But anyway, Missy is officially the best surfer I've ever seen.

"Mate, she's amazing." Ashton shakes his head in disbelief.

"I know! She's better than Luke."

~~~~~

She finishes, collects her trophy (yes she won), and comes over to us.

"That's my girl." I wrap her in a hug and kiss her forehead. She giggles and kisses me.

"COME ON. ONE DAY. Just go one day without kissing!" Calum exclaims.

"Oh my gosh, Calum! We're dating! Suck it up!" Artemis counters.

"I can't when you're sucking face." Nice play on words, I'll admit.

"Whatever."

"Congratulations, Missy. I've never been beat by a girl." Luke comes and hugs her. I know I shouldn't be jealous...

"Thanks, Luke." She smiles. I look over her shoulder, focusing on a brown haired girl, about Missy's age, walking towards us. She was in the surf contest.

"Hi!" The girl comes over. "I'm Abby! One of the people you beat," She winks, "I wanted to say congrats!"

"Abby...?" Artemis gets all far away.

"Missy? Babe, you okay?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"What? Oh. Yeah. I'm fine. And thanks! You were good too!" She snaps out of it, grins and acts like nothing happened. That was weird. Abby is looking at her funny.

"Ha. Thanks. I just wanted to congratulate you." Abby smiles and walks away. I glance at Luke and see him watching her walk away, checking her out.

~                        ~                         ~

"What happened? Earlier. On the beach." Missy and I are in bed, she's reading.

"What?"

"With that girl... Abby?"

"Noth-"

"Don't give me that! You got teary eyed, and all far away. You can trust me, Artemis!" She sighs.

"Fine... My sister's name was Abby. She was murdered, along with my parents and brother. And that girl looked exactly how I imagined my Abby looking like when she got older and I just... I have no family left." She starts tearing up. I sit up, eyes wide, and pull her into a hug.

"That's not true. I'll be your family now. You have me." I kiss her head.

~~

Whoop! Alright the Climax is coming I swear, just stick with me! love y'all!!

~~