Chapter 25

~~Missy's POV~~

He's not here. No. Why would he be here? But he's standing right in front of me. How?

"Artemis..?" He whispers, eyes wide, like he can't quite believe I'm here. I slam the door in his face. I don't want to see him. He didn't even want to talk to me, so why is he here? I sink to the floor, back leaning against the door.

"Missy, please. Just let me explain." He talks through the door.

"No. You wouldn't even talk to me, Michael. Do you know how bad that hurt me?"

"I know but-"

"MICHAEL! I told you I was falling for for you. I told you not to let me break. And guess what?! YOU LET ME BREAK!" A tear slides down my cheek and drips onto my hand.

"Artemis! I know! If you would just let me explain I-"

"NO. Go away, Michael." I choke out, standing, and run to my bedroom.

~                        ~                         ~

~~Mikey's POV~~

No. It can't be.

"When did she get released?" I ask.

"Just today. The doctor said she was good to go." The receptionist answers.

I'm at the hospital, and guess what? Missy isn't here. She got released. I'm so happy, of course, but I want -need- to see her.

"Okay. Thank you." I nod and go back outside, bag in hand. Time to hail another cab.

~~~~~~

Why won't she just let me explain?

And guess what? YOU LET ME BREAK!

Her words replay themselves in my mind. It's true. I did let her break. I should have thought about what it would do to her, before I did it. I pull my phone out, bringing up Abby's contact, so I can text her.

Abby, I'm so sorry about what I said. I was mad at myself and took it out on you, and I apologize.

She replies in an instant:

Oh. I know, and it's okay. I understand. But how could you do that to Missy?

I didn't want her to hear me cry... I never meant to hurt her. But I did. I didn't realize how much it'd hurt me, too. And gosh, I miss her. Will you help me?

Sure :) You were good for her, I think.

Alright. Meet me in the lobby of her Aprt. Complex in 10?

"Hi, Michael." A female voice says behind me. I jump and spin around, to see Abby standing there.

"Abby? How in the world...?"

"I was coming up to see Missy when I saw you standing here. I was about to walk to you when my phone went off, with your text message." She smiles and wraps me in a hug. I stiffen a little but hug her back anyway.

~~

Sorry for such a late update! But good news, I already have the next few chapters wrote!! :)

XX

~~