Differences

Uma turned to Harry and raised an eyebrow, "Fine," he gave in but still glared at Jake.

Ughhh, Uma groaned internally, this is going to be a problem.

"Harry, stop," She pushed at his chest again, this time Harry looked at her and his features softened.

He pulled her back into a hug and kissed the top of her head. Uma smiled as she wrapped her arms around him. "Geez Harry, didn't know you missed me this much," she teased.

"You have no idea," He whispered as he pulled her closer.

"I missed you too, Hook," Uma admitted.

Harry smiled as he pulled back to stare into her eyes. "Of course," he smiled, "I'm a delight," He winked.

"You're too much, that's what you are," She playfully pushed him away.

"But you like me anyways," he smiled.

"Sure," Uma replied. Changing the subject she asked, "So how were things on the Isle? Anything interesting happen while I was gone?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"No," he answered to quickly and glared at Gil, "Why did someone say something did?"

Ignoring his question she said, "Harry..."

"Okay, so I went a little crazy," he painfully admitted when he turned his focus back to her, "And Gil had to tie me up, but nothing horrible happened."

Uma's jaw dropped, "Gil tied you up?" she turned her attention to Gil and Gil shrugged. Turning back to Harry she demanded, "Spill."

"So I may have gotten into my dad's drinks again," Harry spoke quickly and when Uma frowned he went on and said, "But Gil stopped me before I could get too far."

Uma sighed as she said, "You know you're not supposed to drink Harry. Your dad could have killed you and I wouldn't have been able to help you." She turned to Gil and mouthed 'thank you,' Gil nodded.

"I know, I just couldn't take it anymore Uma," Harry tried to explain, "I wasn't thinking." Uma stayed silent as she looked at him. Shifting he said, "Are you mad?"

"No," she said, "I almost lost it too. If it wasn't for Jake, I would've made some dumb decisions too." Uma admitted and winced when she realized what she said.

"Jake huh? He calmed you down?" Harry questioned. He turned to glare at Jake again while Jake remained neutral.

"Hey!" Uma said as she turned his face back to look at her, "Eyes on me." She cradled his face with her hands and said, "He calmed me down with you. With the reminder that you didn't deserve to be on the Isle."

Harry rolled his eyes and tried to pull away from Uma but she wouldn't let him. "Oh that's gold. Coming from the man whose father is the reason we got stuck there in the first place. I bet he didn't even know who I was when he calmed you down."

Uma once again ignored him and said, "With these rings." She dropped her hand and picked up his and pulled them towards their faces. "They were our connection and he helped enforce it." Uma smiled.

Harry looked at their rings and smiled. Those rings had helped them get through a lot. He looked at the rings that contrasted their colors and smiled wider. "I gotta say, these were our best steals."

Uma laughed as she shook her head. "You're killing me, Hook."

"Only in the best way," He smiled and tapped the underside of her chin.

Uma rolled her eyes and pulled Harry's ring off her finger and held it towards him, "Did you want to switch back?"

Harry grabbed the ring and her hand and slid the ring back on it as he said, "No, it's easier for you to think of me this way." He smiled innocently.

"I don't think of you," she denied as she slipped her hand from his adjusting the ring to fit better on her middle finger.

"Whatever you say, Uma Darling," Harry winked and smiled at Uma rolling her eyes.

"Ummm guys," they heard a voice say and both Harry and Uma turned and noticed that the rest of her crew had appeared and was watching them.

"Uhh," Uma laughed awkwardly, "How long have you guys been there?

"Long enough," Desiree smirked.

"Uhh," Uma said as she tried to shake off her embarrassment, "It's good to be back together again," she mentioned as she went to sit with the crew at their table.

"It's good to be off the Isle," One said and everyone cheered in agreement.

"It is," Uma smiled.

They went on to talk about how classes were going and all the different foods they tasted and other non-important things. At some point Harry had thrown his arm around Uma's shoulders and Uma had lied her head on his shoulder as they listen to their crew and smiled at the fact that they were all together again. Jake watched them in curiosity. Looks like Hook has a crush, he thought, and it isn't one sided. 

As the bell signaled the end of lunch. Uma told Harry and Gil she would see them later and walked off to class with Jake. Since Harry and Gil only just got here their classes didn't start until the next day.

Walking to class in silence, Jake broke it by saying, "Are you sure you and Harry aren't dating because you guys act more like boyfriend and girlfriend than best friends?"

Uma looked at Jake and shook her head, "No we're not dating."

Jake shrugged as he said, "Well, it sure seems like it."

"Does it?" Uma tilted her head, "There wasn't such a thing as dating on the Isle. Feelings were considered a weakness." Uma stated.

"It does," Jake confirmed, "And now that you are in Auradon, feelings aren't considered a weakness. They are considered human, a part of everyday life." He looked at Uma, "Some may even call it a strength. Better together and all that stuff."

"Really?" Uma asked and Jake nodded, "Well it doesn't matter because I don't feel like that for him. We are just friends."

Sure, Jake thought but said, "Well, you never know. Things are very different here in Auradon than on the Isle. I've been told that living in Auradon has a way of bringing things out of people. Long hidden emotions and things people never knew about themselves."

Uma pondered what he was telling him and shrugged, "Well, I like to think I know myself pretty well."

"But do you, Uma? Do you really?" Jake asked as he opened the door for her and she walked inside, "Because I'm 22 and I'm still trying to figure out what I want."

"I'm positive," Uma answered but in her mind she added, aren't I?

Is she? I guess we'll have to find out.

Thanks for reading!

-TheOnly