The Label of Friends

The next few days went by strangely. Uma and Harry had barely seen each other. Uma was busy working with Ben trying to save people from the Isle. She was telling him that is was the little things that counted , like better food and helping them break their 20 year garbage strike. Uma told him about the people who didn't deserve to be on the Isle. They talked about what their next move would be. Practically all of Uma's free time went to helping Ben help the kids of the Isle. She did go to Harry's practices but she didn't stay long enough to speak with him so she could go to her dorm and keep up with her homework.

What Uma didn't know was that she was using Ben and homework as an excuse not to face how close Harry and Melody were getting. Every spare moment she had to speak with Harry, Melody was there. Uma may have been in Auradon for almost two moments but she still hasn't mastered being civil with someone she didn't like. Meaning that every time she spotted Harry with Melody she either excused herself or walked/ ran the other way.

Harry had no idea what was wrong with Uma. He did know that she was avoiding him and that they haven't really spoken in four days. His patience was wearing thin, he was also not very happy with Melody following him everywhere. But he needed to be on her good side, so he said nothing and just played along. He needed to speak with Uma, but everytime he tried she ran away. Even the crew was asking him what was going on between them and he couldn't answer because he didn't know either.

Harry was looking around the garden for Uma when he heard, "Hey Harry, looking for me?"

He sighed as he recognized the voice, turning around while pasting a fake smile on his face he said, "Actually I was looking for Uma? Have you seen her?"

Melody's smile dropped a little before she said, "No, but I can help you find her."

"You don't have to," he said willing for her to go away.

"I know, but I want to, come one," Melody said as she linked her arm through his and dragged him around the garden in search of Uma. Harry let her, too busy trying to find Uma to care what Melody was doing.

"So, Harry are you dating anyone?" Melody asked as she glanced at his profile.

"No," he sighed sadly as he wished the answer wasn't true. The one girl he wanted was avoiding him at the moment. The one girl he wanted didn't believe in relationships.

"Really?" Melody asked with hope in her voice.

"Yeah, really," He asked. He didn't see his captain anywhere. He began to twirl the ring on his finger as he sighed. Where is she, he thought.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to be my date to my friend's birthday party?" Melody asked as she pulled Harry to a stop and waited for him to face her.

Harry looked at her, she was pretty, but she wasn't the one or as pretty as the one he wanted to be with. But then again the one he wanted to be with didn't want to be with him in that way. He looked at her again and thought, maybe, I can move on, this way. Maybe he needed to find an out for the acception-rejection game Uma and him had played for so long. Maybe that's all they'll be. Just friends.

"Harry?" Melody asked, the longer he took to reply the more nervous she got. She started biting the bottom of her lip.

She was a nice girl and most of the time he did have fun with her. Harry tilted his head as he said, "Sounds fun," this time he smiled genuinely. Melody smiled back and they both jumped when they heard a gasp. Both turning in the direction of the sound they saw Uma with her hand over her mouth.

"Uma! I've been looking for you everywhere!" Harry said as he took a step toward her. Uma shook her head, took a step back, and ran.

"What?" Harry asked as he looked at Melody and then at Manny and then broke into a run as well.