Excerpts

A/N Oh my goodness, my lovely readers!! Where It All Began just reached 10K+ reads and 500+ votes and that's amazing!!! I never expected this book to get so big so thank you!!

So in honor of this amazing news I'll give you an excerpt of what's to come. Excerpts, just in case you don't know, meaning that they're bits and pieces of what I plan to happen in the story. With that out of the way, let's get to it.

Uma looked at Harry as she mentioned the one thing that's been on her mind since she came back, "Harry, we tell each other everything right?"

"Yeah," Harry answered confused, "Why?"

"You're sure?" Uma asked as she narrowed her eyes, "Because I've been told otherwise."

"By who?" he asked. There was only one thing he hadn't told Uma, but nobody else knew about it. He didn't understand how someone would find out.

Uma and Harry have known each other for years and they could tell when the other was lying. This was no different as Uma felt her heart sinking as she saw the lie in his eyes, "Don't lie to me, Harry."

Harry bit his lip as he debated what he should tell her.

******************************************************************************************************************

"Oh so you're not afraid of me like the rest of these Auradonians?" Uma raised her eyebrow in question and smirked.

"No," he shook his head, "If you wanted to hurt someone, you would've by now."

"Well my guard wouldn't be so happy with that," Uma pointed at Jake and Jake nodded.

"Like you couldn't take him," he flirted, a smile taking over his face.

"True," Uma smiled back.

"Hey," Jake said.

Uma and the guy laughed. She looked at the guy and noticed that he was being genuine and he was also nothing like his father, "You know, you're nothing like your father."

The guy shrugged, "None of us are." He walked closer to her and said, "So what do you say? You've never really been off campus, and I think you'll really love the beach."

Uma tilted her head and thought there would really be no harm if she went. "Sure," she shrugged, "Why not?"

The guys smile widened and he said, "It's a date!"

Uma eyes widened, "This isn't a date."

"Whatever you say," he winked and walked away, "See you in class!"

Uma watched him walk away and shook her head. She turned to Jake and Jake was just looking at her, "What," she asked, "It's not a date!"

"Sure," Jake said.

******************************************************************************************************************

"Uma how could you forget?" Harry asked with hurt filling his eyes.

"I don't know," Uma said, "I've just been so busy."

"With him?" He glared.

"Yeah he's actually..." Uma began but was interrupted by Harry when he said, "No, I don't want to hear about you and him."