Ready?

At Jake's fake laugh, Uma squeezes his arm and said, "Ready to talk?"

Jake ran his hand through his hair again and let out a nervous laugh. Jake looked up and then back at Uma and said, "Jessamine wants answers. Answers she deserves but I don't know how to give them."

"What kind of answers?" Uma asked. She had a feeling of Jake's answer, but she had to be sure.

"How I feel about her, kind of answers. Why I never said anything, kind of answers. Why I left without saying goodbye, kind of answers." Jake broke eye contact, "And I know none."

"Hmmm," Uma thought. Jake looked at Uma. "You left eight years ago," Jake nodded and Uma went on, "And you mentioned it wasn't a smooth transition." Jake winced but nodded again. "I'm guessing she wasn't a top priority in your mind at the time?"

Jake winced again, "Sadly, yes. I just packed and left after the huge fight with my father. I wasn't thinking about anyone and anything." Jake ran his hand through his hair with sad eyes, "If I hadn't spoken with my mother and brother before my father, I would not have said goodbye to them before I left."

Uma placed a hand on Jake's arm, "Have you told her that?" Jake shook his head. "You should. You don't have to go into details, but it will explain a lot of your actions the day you left." Jake stayed silent as he thought of her words.

"As for your feeling... how do you feel about her now?"

"I haven't really thought.." Jake began, but Uma cut him off with a shake of her head.

"No Jake, right now. This second. How do you feel about her right now?" Uma asked.

Jake was silent. "How would I..." Uma cut him off again, but this time with a smile.

"You would just know," she winked.

"HA HA, funny," Jake fought a smile.

"You also don't have the excuse of not understanding because you were raised with love," Uma smiled wider.

"Doesn't make feelings any easier Uma," Jake responded.

"Does make things more obvious, Jake," Uma responded in a tone mocking Jake's.

"Does it?" Jake asked.

Uma shrugged, "I'm the last person you should ask questions like this because I barely understand them myself," she answered honestly. But then she said, "But I think, the fact you can't figure it out, explains itself don't you think?"

Uma stopped walking when she noticed Jake wasn't beside her. She turned around and saw Jake a few steps back with a shocked expression on his face.

"What?" Uma asked.

"You just answered the question," Jake whispered.

****************************************************************************************************************

Harry opened his dorm room door with a huge smile on his face.

Gil locked up and smiled, "Well someone is happy."

Harry looked at Gil, "Huh, I thought you forgot this was your dorm," he changed the subject.

Gil laughed, "I did not. Why are you so happy?" He changed the subject as well.

Harry raised an eyebrow with a smirk on his face, "You hiding something, Gil?"

Gil only returned the question, "Are you hiding something, Harry?"

"No," Harry walked further into the room and dropped his stuff on the ground near his bed and flipped onto the bed. "I'm smiling because Rick said I did a great job for my first day." Harry turned to look at Gil, "He said he may even consider teaching me more once I finish paying off the cost of fixing my hook."

"That's great, Harry." Gil responded with a genuine smile on his face.

"Now," Harry turned his body to completely face Gil, "Where have you been?"

"Why," Gil smirked, "You missed me?"

Harry laughed, "Don't change the subject, Gil."

Gil nervously laughed.

"I know you've been spending a lot of time with Chad," Harry smiled as he rested his head on his hand. "How has he been?"

"Good," Gil smiles nervously, "We have just been talking about and practicing wrestling moves."

"In private?" Harry teased and laughed as Gil's face turned red. He finally decided to cut him some slack, "I'm messing around with you." He got up and got ready to shower, "I'm happy you're happy."

Gil's has dropped, "What?"

Harry shrugged, "Just don't forget about us, okay?" He said softly as he got ready to leave to shower. And tell us when you're ready, he thought.

"I would never," Gil said vehemently.

Harry smiled softly, "And I never expect you too." With that he left.

Gil rubbed his head, "What.... what just happened?"

Helllooooo!!! How have you been..??! Sorry I disappeared for about a year... it's been busy.  But now since we're in lockdown I have lots of time. Hopefully I could use it to update, but who knows.

It is a bit short, but what comes next would not have fit the theme of this chapter.

Anyhoooo.....

Thanks for reading!
-TheOnly