Trust Pt. Two

"Huh," Jake finally spoke up before Uma and him reached her class. When Uma looked at him, he looked at her and said, "I guess you can teach love."

Uma's face turned bright red as she realized that Jake most likely heard everything Harry and her said to each other. "Well... uhh," Uma stuttered.

Jake smiled, "Well this is new. I've never seen you so flustered before," Jake laughed at Uma's glare, "Don't worry, I didn't hear everything." He said to reassure her. "Manny and I took some steps back when we heard how serious the conversation was getting."

Uma searched Jake's expression and saw nothing but the truth, "Thank you," She lets out a breath.

"You're welcome," Jake responded. They were almost near her next class when he smirked because he couldn't resist saying, "But I did hear that you two practically admitted to being in love with each other."

"Jake!" Uma's face turned back to red as she gently shoved his shoulder. At Jake's laughter Uma shook her head and smiled. If making fun of her got Jake to come out of that odd bubble he's been in since he has returned. So be it.

Her and Jake were going to talk, but right now, it looks like he could use amusement more than having someone to talk with it about.

********************************************************

It was after Harry's practice and Uma and Jake were waiting for Harry outside of the men's locker room in silence. Jake and Uma have been around each other long enough for silences not to be awkward. But this silence, you could feel this silence. Uma could feel the uneasy that was radiating off of Jake.  She kept glancing at him, but Jake refused to ask why or say what's wrong.

Uma tried again, "Jake. Are you okay?"

Jake finally looked at Uma, an "I'm fine," would've rolled off his tongue but he stopped himself since he remembered they agreed they wouldn't lie to each other. "Honestly... I don't know." He ran a hand through his hair, "I wish I did."

Uma inwardly smiled, progress, she thought, "Want to tell me about it?"

"It's-," before Jake could finish they heard, "That was a sick win, Harry!" Jay exclaimed as both him and Harry exited the locker room.

"We'll talk later," Uma whispered low so the boys wouldn't hear her, at Jake's nod, she turned her attention to Harry and Jay.

"Right!" Harry smiled, "practice does make perfect."

"I told you," Jay said as he patted Harry's back, "Don't forget you're going to Rick's tonight."

"I could never forget," Harry's smile got wider.

"Great," Jay and Harry finally noticed Uma and Jake waiting for them, "I'll see you later."

"Later," Harry said, his attention already on Uma. "Did you see my slick move?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

Uma nodded with a smile on her face, "I did. That was quite the move. Very impressive." Uma said and to make sure he didn't get too much of a big head, she added, "But I would've done so much better."

Hardy laughed as he wrapped his arm around Uma's shoulders and they began to walk away from the locker room, "I don't know, Uma, with how rusty you've gotten, I'd be surprised if you could even do half the move."

Uma gasped in mock outrage, "You would dare question my talent, Hook?" Uma raised an eyebrow, when she moved in front of him to stop him.

"I would," Harry smiled and copied Uma's raised eyebrow.

"You know how we handle challenges, Hook, right?" Uma smiles wickedly.

"I do," Harry replied, "But sadly, we cannot settle this challenge because I got a job to do."

Uma tilted her head, "A job?" She looked at Jake, but Jake looked as lost as she did. She looks back at Harry, "You have a job?"

Excitement showed on his face as he explained, "Remember how I broke my hook?" Both he and Uma winced at the statement, Uma nodded and Harry went on, "Well, Jay took me to a place where I could get it fixed."

"That's great!" Uma smiled.

"The only bad part is I can't afford to get it fixed, quickly, so he said I could work to get the hook back faster," Harry said.

"Really?" Uma asked. And Harry's nod, she moved out of his way so they could begin walking again. "You look excited, do you know what you'll be doing?"

"Yeah," he gave Uma a basic rundown of what he'd be doing. Uma scanned his features and as she noticed he was only getting more excited she couldn't help. It get excited with him.

"That does sound exciting."

"Right?" Harry smiled. "Well I'll see you tomorrow because I don't want to be late." Before Uma could say anything, he kissed Uma's cheek, "Later, darling." And he turned and ran for his dorm.

Uma face turned red, "huh," she smiled.

"Well that's new," Uma heard from behind her. When she recognized the voice she pasted the fakest smile on her face and turned.

"Haden," Uma began, "So great to see you off the Isle." Uma didn't want anyone on the Isle, but she still didn't like Haden.

"Uma," Haden returned the fake smile, "So are you and Harry finally a thing?"

Uma wanted to answer, "I don't know why that's any of your business," but that wasn't very Auradon so she swallowed that answer and actually said, "We're doing us." At the silence that answer brought, Uma said, "Well, I have some things I need to get done, so have a good night." And with that she linked an arm through Jake's arm and walked away.

"I wonder how long that'll last when I'm here," Haden called after her.

"We were good while you were there before, we'll be good now," Uma answered without turning around or giving her a second thought. "Have a good night, Haden."

Jake looked down at Uma with an impressed look on his face. "What?" Uma answered.

"That was very Auradonian of you, had the place rubbed off you already?" Jake smiled.

Uma shrugged, "Maybe?" And without thinking she went on and said, "I think Harry's confidence in us has begun to rub off too." Uma softly smiled, "I trust him." And at that moment she realized she did. She has always trusted him, but feelings was where, she guessed, that trust wavered. Now, she did trust him. She was scared, terrified even. But she trusted Harry, she knew he wouldn't intentionally hurt her.

It was like a huge weight lifted off her shoulders. This realization does not make her any less terrified, but it does make her more willing to jump into the deep end with Harry. Because if she wanted to do this with anyone, it would be her Harry.

"Uma..?" Jake waved a hand in front of Uma's eyes.

Uma blinked, "Yeah?"

"I said, I'm assuming by that silence you understand the deepness of what you said?" Jake asked.

"Yeah," Uma smiled, "I do."

"And you're okay with that?"

Uma paused, she really allowed herself to think about it, "Yeah. I am." She looked at him, "Don't get me wrong, I'm still terrified, but I'm okay with being terrified."

"No one said love is easy," Jake responded as he rubbed the back of his head.

"You're telling me, my mom has told me all the horror stories, but I've seen that it doesn't always end badly." He squeezed his arm, "Your parents being a prime example."

At Jake's fake laugh, Uma squeezed his arm and said, "Ready to talk?"

Hey loves! You see that Uma growth?? So proud of her!

It's a little bit of a short chapter because what else would've gone her wouldn't have flowed with the theme of the chapter.

Thanks for reading!

-TheOnly