Unscathed

Thanks to all the people who took the survey!! It means a lot! As promised, here's the chapter!

"My name is Nathan and I'll be your new guard for the time being," he said.

Uma's heart sank, maybe she should have asked Jake what was wrong when she saw that something was. "Where is Jake?" she asked again. He wouldn't just leave her, would he?

"He had a family emergency so he'll be gone for a while," he stated.

"He's going back to Neverland?" She whispered to herself. Before she broke off in a sprint into the school.

"Uma!" She heard behind her followed by face paced steps behind her, but she didn't stop.

She ran all the way to King Ben's office before she stopped and knocked on the door. She may be in a rush, but she still knew that barging in on the King would be a strike against her.

"Come in!" she heard and she opened the door.

"I need to go with him," she said not even waiting for the surprise of seeing her to take in affect.

"I'm sorry?" King Ben asked confused.

"Jake, he went to Neverland correct?" Uma said as she stopped in front of him.

"That is correct," he nodded.

"I would like to go with him," Uma stated.

"You have classes, Uma," Ben said as he rubbed his forehead.

"I only plan to stay one day, one day is all I need," she pleaded.

"I don't know if that's..." he began but Uma interrupted him by saying, "Jake is my friend, Ben, and one thing I will never do is leave a friend in need."

Ben watched her, a smile crept over his face. He knew he assigned her the right guard. Jake managed to get through to her, he couldn't have been anymore proud. "I can only give you two days, then you must comeback."

"That's all I need," Uma smiled as she turned and began to exit his office.

"Uma!" Ben called after her and she turned back, "You have to make sure he wants you to be there."

"He does," Uma said with no hesitation.

"Then you'll be needing this," he handed her a piece of paper with Jake's address on it, "Have Nathan, take you there. Jake should still be at his house for another two hours before he must leave to get to Neverland."

"Thanks!" Uma smiled and rushed to leave the room.

Seeing Nathan right outside the door she said, "Come on Royal Guard Dog, we have places to be." She handed him the piece of paper and quickly turned in the direction of the dorm and started walking.

"Uma! What's going on?" Harry asked when Uma wouldn't stop to acknowledge him.

"What's going on is Jake is going back to Neverland, where he hasn't been since he moved here, alone and I can't let that happen," Uma stated simply as she picked up her pace since she didn't know how far Jake was from the school and she needed to catch him before he left.

"So you're going to Neverland?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Yes," she answered. Reaching her dorm door she opened in and rushed inside.

Hearing the door close behind her she glanced over her shoulder and noticed that it was only her and Harry in the room. Ignoring the quickening of her heart beat she grabbed a backpack and began to pack what she would need for the trip.