How Dare You

"You can't go," Uma stated.

"I can handle myself," Jake replied with his arms crossed.

"I know you can, but it still wouldn't be wise for you to go," Uma said softly.

"And why would that be?" Jake asked.

"Because we are going to go see Harry's father, and you were made quickly with your hair," Uma answered.

Uma and Jake were walking towards Harry's dorm so they could get him and leave for the Isle of the Lost. Uma just knew that if she didn't show up herself, Harry wouldn't have gotten out of bed.

"I'll wear a hat," he said.

"Yeah that worked so well last time," Uma muttered sarcastically.

"I'll be more cautious," he tried again.

"Why do you want to go to the Isle?" Uma asked. No one ever wanted to go there willingly.

Jake shrugged, "It's a good adventure."

Uma looked at him, Jake was acting weird and she couldn't figure out why. If she didn't have so much on her plate right now she would have told him to spit it out. Seeing that she didn't have time she decided she would talk to him about it as soon as they got back.

"No Jake, it's best you stay. Harry and I will be right back."

"King Ben is seriously going to allow just the two of you to go to the Isle?" He asked incredulously. Jake liked Ben and respected all his decisions but right now he felt like it wasn't a wise idea.

"Yes," Uma said, "He and I have dealt with the Isle alone before, we could do it again," at his frown she went on to say, "There will be one guard with us just Incase."

"And why can't that be me?"

"Because you look a lot like your father."

"Captain Hook is unconscious isn't he?"

Uma nodded, "He is but there's a chance he might wake up. And even if he doesn't his crew is alive and well and they may mistake you for your father."

"I can.." he began again but Uma cut him off, "I know you can Jake, but this is nothing to tempt. Like King Ben, you are of value to the Isle and if you get captured by them or anyone on the Isle you'll put the people of Auradon at risk. We can't take the chance of our parents being set free. Especially Harry's." Uma said.

Jake sighed, he understood but he wasn't happy about it. "Fine," he grumbled.

It was at that moment that they made it to Harry's dorm and saw Manny standing outside of it.

"Hey Manny!" Uma greeted.

"Uma," Manny nodded in acknowledgment.

"Is Harry up?" She asked. Manny shrugged but opened the door for her to enter the room. What she saw stopped her.

Jay and Harry were playing video games and laughing together. Uma tilted her head in silence...didn't they hate each other? She thought.

"Ummm..." Uma said when they both hadn't noticed her presence. At the sound they both looked up at her. "Did I miss something?"

"Hey Uma," Harry greeted as he paused the game and turned to Jay. "We'll have to continue this later."

Jay nodded and smirked, "Saved by the girl." He set his controller down as stood up.

"Are you talking about me or you?" Harry smirked back as he stood up as well.

Uma watched in utter confusion at their banter. She glanced at Jake and he looked as lost as she did.