Are You Sure?

Ooh my badness, my loves, I'm sooo sorry for the continuity errors. During the time it took to update this chapter, in short, more info towards the bottom, I was reading the last chapters I wrote and I saw that I changed somethings unknowingly. Now that I know, I'll fix them. On to better news, here's the chapter.

"Alright, we got to call it quits because it's almost curfew," Manny said as he stood up with smile. Jake and Uma had been playing for hours and neither one of them would back down.

There were so many close calls, but the other managed to gain their footing back and the game went on.

You would think that after two hours, with breaks in the middle of course, of watching the same two people sword fighting would get boring, but no. Instead it got even more interesting because of the fact that they kept going, and they radiated pure happiness. The longer they went the wider their smiles became. Jake and Uma knew that they met their match but they weren't willing to give the other that sense of satisfaction.

Harry, Grayson, Manny and a few other students that came by to watch cheered them on, but Jake and Uma didn't notice, they were only focused on each other.

"Guys," Manny called again, he debated going between them to get them to stop but realized that it probably wouldn't stop them.

Jake, breathing hard, but still holding his sword up to defend against, Uma said, "Looks like it's a tie, Uma." Their swords clashed, forming an X.

Uma's smile wickedly as she said, "Looks like time saved you, Pan."

"More like it saved you," Jake winked, "Now since I don't hold it under you to not swing at me after I lower my sword, we will do it at the same time."

Uma laughed, "Jake, you've known me how long? I may be from the Isle but that's dirty even for us," she shook her head. Not offended at all, she probably would have done that. All's fair in war.

"Sure," he replied in disbelief. How long he's known her is the reason why he was doing it. "So on a count of three. One," he raised his eyebrow and Uma nodded, "Two," they both pulled their swords toward themselves, "Three," they lowered them and stared at each other.

A moment of silence passed between them before they both started laughing.

"You're good, Jake," Uma admitted when they stopped laughing.

"So are you," Jake replied. When Uma held out her hand, he shook it and then shook his head, "I've been sword fighting for years, mastered it when I became a guard," he stated, his eyes filled with wonder, "I've fought many people and only my father was able to meet me swing for swing," he looked at her with an impressed smile, "And now you."

Uma's smile widened. Being compared to the man who took down one of the best swordsman on the isle, felt good.

Jake looked up and noted that it actually was getting late. He looked around their group and said, "Alright you heard the man, everyone to their rooms." Slowly the crowd dispersed.

Harry walked up to them and looked at his dad's enemies son and couldn't help but feel impressed by him. Even Harry had trouble keeping up with Uma but Jake seemed to take it in a slide. "So you can hold up a good fight," Harry said.

Jake looked at him and nodded, "It's in my blood."

Harry nodded, "I agree."

Before a tense silence could pass between them, Grayson rushed up to them and said, "That was amazing! You made it look so effortless!"