Terrified

Although Uma, Jake and Grayson had dropped the topic of love, Uma couldn't stop thinking about it. Jake said what she admitted to was love. It was driving her mad that she couldn't understand how. If she was in love, as they said, she should've been the first one to know, right? She should've known how she felt, right?

She basically JUST found out she liked Harry as more than a friend. Now she's being told she's actually in love with him? Uma sucked in a panicked breath. If liking someone can end up in pain... she can only imagine what loving someone can do.

Uma was so distracted by her thoughts that she made it midway through lunch without having said more than a couple words.

Harry and the crew were chatting as they ate, but Harry kept glancing at Jake and Uma because they were both acting strange. Jake because he hadn't mentioned a word since they got together and kept glancing on their phone. And Uma because she also hadn't said a word but she looked like she was confused while staring into space.

Not wanting to bring this to the crews attention, Harry, who was sitting next to Uma, leaned over to her and asked softly, "Hey, darling, you alright?"

Uma, without really thinking about it, said, "I don't know," while she inhaled another shaky breath.

Harry began to worry. He wrapped an arm around Uma's shoulders, and then looked at Jake, "Did something happen?" When he got no response he said, "Jake?"

Jake blinked, "Huh?"

Harry's worry increased. He turned to the crew, "Hey guys, we need a moment alone, we'll catch up later." With that, the crew knew they were dismissed, so they grabbed their stuff and left. They threw some confused looks but decided not to question it.

When they were all out of ear shot. Harry turned his body to face Uma and asked, "What's wrong?" He lifted a hand to place a piece of her hair behind her ear.

Uma blinked and looked around her, "What?" She asked as she zoned back in and saw that the rest of her crew was gone.

"What's wrong, Uma?" Harry repeated. "Both you and Jake are acting strange and it's worrying me." At Uma's continued silence, he began to guess what was wrong, "Something happened in Neverland that shook you?" Jake flinched but didn't say anything, "So that's what wrong with Jake," Harry noticed the flinch but went on, "Jake informed you of something that has you shook?" At Uma's widened eyes, Harry knew he was going in the right direction, "Alright ...does it have anything to do with someone?" Uma averted his eyes and Harry nodded, "Yeah, it's someone... hmmm was it about the crew? The new arrivals? Was it..."

"Do you understand love?" Uma blurted. She finally got the courage to ask.

Harry's jaw dropped, "Well that isn't the direction I was going at all," he nervously laughed and rubbed the back of his head.

"Do you?" Uma tried again.

It was Harry's turn to look away. "Uhhh..." he felt his face going red, "I'm not sure." He willed the red to go away as he turned to look at her and said, "Our parents didn't show us love, remember?"

Uma nodded, "That's what I said."

"Why?" Harry tilted his head in confusion.

"Because Jake said..." Uma paused... was this something she should tell Harry? Since it would sound like she was in love with him. And she didn't even know what being in love feels like.

"Jake said..." Harry prompted when Uma didn't continue.

"Uh..." Uma began and avoided eye contact, "Would you look at that...lunch is almost over." She began to get up but Harry stopped her with a hand on her thigh.