Feelings or Not

The day had finally ended and the game was going to start in a few hours.

Uma and Jake were strolling through the halls that were suddenly filled with people in blue and gold. The excitement filled the air and since the Isle didn't do sports as much as Auradon, Uma didn't understand why.

"Why is everyone so," Uma pauses for the right word, "preppy?" Jake raised an eyebrow to question if she forgotten where she was so she added, "More than usual."

"Because it's the first game of the season and we in Auradon love our sports," Jake smiled.

"So you love sports?" She asked.

"I am a big fan of anything with swords," Jake said as his smile faded and he looked away from her.

Immediately noticing the change in emotion she asked, "what's wrong?" Ever since they're sword fight she thought of him as a part of her crew and she didn't allow anyone or anything to hurt her crew.

"Swords remind me of home," he said as he rubbed his arm, "I haven't been there in years."

"Really?" Uma asked, "Why not?" She understood not wanting to go back to where she was born but she thought everywhere else was a dream come true.

Jake remained silent, debating if he should tell her. He was supposed to get her to open up not the other way around. He was supposed to be the shoulder to lean on, not giving her his problems.

"Hey," Uma said gently as she brought his attention back to her, "This is between you and me. And you must know by now that I'm trustworthy." She raised her eyebrow and waited.

He sighed as he said, "My leaving of Neverland was not accepted by everyone. My mom was fine, but my dad couldn't understand. He argued and screamed for me to stay." He looked at her, "Then he said if I left, he would never forgive me." He weakly laughed as he said, "And as you could see, I left anyways."

"He can't possibly mean that... right?" She asked. The parents out of the Isle were supposed to be the good parents, the one who show love to their kids. They are supposed to be the supportive one. Why wasn't his dad supportive of him?

"I wouldn't know," he shrugged, "I haven't been back since."

"Jake, you know that's no way to live," Uma said softly.

When Jake remained silent Uma knew that was all she was going to get from him. She noticed the tension between them and decided it was time to change the topic. But she had to say, "You may be my guard, but know that I'm here for you too." Not leaving room for Jake to react she linked her arm with his and said, "Now, let's go watch the fight. And then we can have a little fight ourselves," she smiled at him, hoping that this would bring the smile back to his face. It did.

"You're on," he challenged.

They were following the crowd into the R.O.A.R building when they heard, "Uma!"

Turning around they saw Grayson trying to catch up with them.

"Hey Grayson," She smiled.

He smiled at her as he tried to catch his breath. When he finally did he said, "Mind if we watch the game together?"

She looked at Jake and when he shrugged she said, "Sure! Come on, we're going to watch from the balcony."

He nodded and they went to climb up the stairs to the balcony. She spotted Gil and her crew and waved to them. They waved back but Gil was staring a little too long at Grayson.