Repairs

"Looks like we're going on a field trip," Jay said as he watched Harry try to piece his hook back together and failing.

Harry looked at Jay in confusion, "What?"

"Since you broke your hook, which wasn't very smart of you by the way," at Harry's glare he continued, "And now we have to go get it fixed."

"'We'?" He asked even more confused, "Why do you want to come?"

Because it looks like you need a friend, he thought but actually said, "Because I need a break from being at school. I mean who doesn't love a good adventure? This school has become suffocating now that I can't take work out my adrenaline in fighting." He pointed at his injury.

Harry narrowed his eyes as he thought that that wasn't the real reason. Being in no mood to fight him, he shrugged and said, "Well, lead the way."

******************************************************************************************************************

Uma and Jake left his house 20 minutes later and began their path to the party. Jake was silent as he kept rummaging his fingers through his hair and breathing deeply. Uma watched him.

Noticing her attention on him he said, "Okay Uma," as he walked as slowly as possible to the event he was dreading to go to, "We only have to stay for a bit, and then we can leave."

Uma kept in pace with Jake as she looked up and smirked, "Are you telling this to me? Or to yourself?"

Jake rubbed his neck and let out a nervous laugh, "Honestly, probably both."

Uma laughed as she linked her arm through Jake's, "Come on, Jake. It's a party, if I learned anything in my Goodness class, is that it's not good to make a show in front of quests."

"It's not good," Jake agreed, "But it is also not impossible."

Uma thought about it, well I guess he's not wrong, shaking her head, she said, "Well as long as we don't get separated you'll be fine."

"I sure hope so," Jake mumbled as the music got louder and he was able to recognize faces. There was a crowd of people talking and laughing under a large covered area with no walls. There was streamers and decorations that said "happy 50th anniversary." Pictures of his family over the years were on display on a table to their right.

As they took in the sights, Jake ran free hand through his hair and took a breath. He put on his fakest smile and together they entered the party crowd.

Jake was making small conversation with people he hadn't seen in years and was actually enjoying himself more than he thought he would. People were asking him how life what like outside of Neverland and if he would recommend it. His beaming smile was enough to answer their questions.

They asked who Uma was and surprisingly she answered politely and shook hands and smiled. Jake would have to ask why later.

They were making their way through the crowd when they heard, "So he does think of others, what a surprise."

Uma felt Jake tense and immediately turned to find who was the causation of it when she paused and her jaw dropped. Standing in front of her was the man in the picture she saw with Jake. But the picture did him no justice. Standing in front of her was the spitting image of Jake but with blond hair and blue eyes. Although Jake was more muscular, the brother was lean and looked like someone who could hold his weight.

"Come on, Ace. Don't be that way," Jake said as he took a stance in front of his little brother, the one he had missed more than he thought he did.