Chapter 42

Warning: Marking werewolves ahead

Winter's POV

       The want to go home was the strongest it has ever been. My worry for my family is constantly gnawing at me. Why is this treatment allowed here!? Back home it is the normal to be different. Why is so looked down upon. It's basic humanity. The cold air bit at my skin, my wounds ached, my head spun in thought. Where's a cigarette when you need it most?

   The smell of him calmed me before he even came to the patio. The doors slid open, he  wrapped his arms around me gently. Maybe being mated should happen soon, tonight. It would alleviate my anger.

   "I know what you're thinking, Princess. I would love to, but I don't believe tonight is a good time. Emotions are running high and I want to make sure both you and Kaine are certain." His grip tightened enough to offer support. 

   "Why are people so horrible. What the Hell did anyone of us freaks do?" He moved back, looking at me. When I looked at him, I immediately regret what I said. "None of you are freaks, I didn't-" He kissed me with so much passion. When he pulled away it left my head spinning. 

   "I didn't take it as you being mean to us, but to yourself. You did nothing wrong to these people, they have the problems. I don't want you thinking that you are deformed in any way. You are most certainly not." His eyes glowed as he spoke with anger and passion in his voice. He received a gentle smile from me.

   "Thank you, Mr.Kormack." He tugged on my arm, pulling me into a well needed hug. My arms wrapped around his torso tightly, offering a form of comfort. His heart hammered, that in itself was calming. "I think we should, tonight." His heart skipped. He pulled away and looked at me in shock.

   "Baby, I don't think we should. I don't want you both to act on pure emotion." 

   "Your argument makes no sense. Being marked is emotionally based, it makes perfect sense. I don't want someone to do what Jensen almost d-" Mr.Kormack's snarl cut me off. His eyes glowed brightly, his body tense. "I was scared, Lincoln." His eyes softened. 

   "We should get to bed, it's late. I want you rested for tomorrow. Everyone is in need of a good nights rest. You're safe now." He took my hand and led me inside. Exhaustion was eating at me, this wound really hurt.