Chapter 48

Winter's POV

When I came around to waking up, my body was sore, but my mind immediately went to if everyone was okay. When I peered around the room, I saw that I was hooked up to a few machines getting liquids, blood, and medicine. I felt different overall, as if something in me was woken up after years of being dormant. 

Huffing, the wires and IV's were pulled from my arms as I sat up. I really hate hospitals, doctors, and needles. Immediately, I stood up and made my way out the door and down the stairs. It was now light out, meaning we may have won. If anything, I'm alive- so I can take revenge if someone I care for got hurt. When I passed guards and random people in the house, I was stared at for some reason. Sort of, in shock. I pushed the double doors open to the office and I was immediately met with George, Monty, Todd, Issy, and some men I didn't know. 

"Winter!" Issy said frantically, attacking me with a hug. I patted her back before being bombarded with hugs from Monty and Todd. "How are you feeling?" She's not as bad as I thought she was.

"Alive." I spoke softly, watching everyone. George and I made eye contact before he came around his desk and gave me a hug. His hug had underlying meaning in it. He needed this hug, it was to show  me that he cares and he's sorry. I patted his back before stepping away. 

"The boys will be happy to know you've woken up." Todd said with a soft smile. "They're laying down in the living room with Mykie and Landon. They're all exhausted, as we all are." 

"What's the plan of attack. My family back home needs protection, and I assume Veronica has moved her plan forward. I know for a fact that the Lycan I killed was not the only one around. They are attacking two places at once, which allows weakness." Everyone stared at me in respect. "I know I'm difficult to handle at times, and don't always see reason- however," Taking a  deep breath, "I have started something so I intend on finishing it." George stared me in the eyes with a genuine smile.

"Then that's what we will do, Winter. You are to take lead on this with insight from sources, like myself. I figure you have done enough to show change is needed, so this will be the start of a new era." George's voice held no room for argument. 

"I want numbers of deaths, I want outlines of property, I want everything possible. I will help craft a plan for each place, we should call on allies that know what we're up against. I know Veronica is planning something, but she can't win. She will not have the satisfaction of any more lives taken. She is undeserving of kindness, as are her people. What of her mother?" My eyes met George's.

"She has been thoroughly interviewed. She is being held in an area that was made so that no one could escape it. Silver everything, ash surrounding the perimeter. No one out, only in." I nodded once.