Chapter 47

Todd's POV

   We were ready to leave the house when Jasper stopped us all. I closed my eyes in pain and irritation. That wasn't my sister, not since she lost her mate. 

   "Where are all of you heading off to in numbers?" She seemed genuine. "Can I-"

   "George, what are you even saying! That's absurd!" Gwen entered behind my father who was broken and angry.

   "I'm saying, I got word that Winter was attacked on her way home. I want to make sure she lives." Gwen acted like someone had slapped her.

   "She'll be fine, she's a white wolf for crying-out-loud." She crossed her arms. Monty and I made eye contact before they all left. I stayed with a few of my men, Jasper tried to stop them. I grabbed her and shoved her to my mother. They both stared at me. 

   "How dare you touch your sister like that..." Gwen's eyes glowed orange, not red. We were right...

   "We have to protect our daughter, Gwenivere. We've hurt her enough." George was being honest, he sounded in pain. He was being honest..

   "She's a monster, George. Why are you trying to protect a monster?" Gwen snapped. Jasper glared at my father.

   "She nearly killed Issy!" Jasper snapped. That's when Issy entered with food. She was staring at the two women in confusion as she ate her sandwich.

   "Yeah, she was protecting her territory. Plus, I deserved it." Oh wow, she's owning up to her mistakes now?

   "No, you didn't. I forbid you to go after that thing." Gwen growled, glaring at George. He looked to me, then Issy. 

   "Gwen, what did you want to call her when she was still in you?" Oh, dear lord. Gwen shut up, Jasper looked at her in worry. "Tell me, what did you want to name her!" 

   "Why does it matter, George?" Her heart increased, Jasper's along with it.

  "Tell me, Gwen." She couldn't. He shook his head. "You can't even tell me, can you?" 

   "Of course I can! I just don't see the importance!" Issy had set her food down gently, she was guarded now. Her eyes were set on Gwen, angry. My mom use to talk about Winter all the time, then she got pregnant with my brother, it's not even my fathers. After that she hasn't spoken about Winter, hasn't even talked about the name she had chosen. It's as if she's a different person...