Chap 25. Wake Up Baby

Chp.25 Wake Up Baby

Rebecca's POV

I'm eight months pregnant and the feeling that I'm going to pop any day is increasing. I keep snapping at Tyler for no reason and my eating habits have gone through the roof. I'm munching on something every five minutes and I couldn't keep still for more than an a minute.

I continued to visit Eva but still no sign of her waking up yet. But deep down I knew that she would be waking up soon and that she wasn't going to be the same as before.

It was like any other day, I got dressed in a light blue maxi dress, white cardigan and brown flip flops. My hair was left loose because I could not do much without feeling like I ran a marathon. I waddled downstairs and into the kitchen to get myself some fruit parfait with toast covered in crunchy peanut butter. I sat down eating my food while rubbing my protruding bump. Towards lunch time I drove to the hospital too check up on Eva. Taking the familiar router never got tiring. Arriving minuters later, I parked close to the entrance, so I didn't walk much.

Entering Eva's room always brought some depressing emotions. I closed the door and briskly walked to the window to pull open the shades. Waddling to Eva's bed I sat near her hand, while pushing loose strands of hair away from her face. I then noticed a tear slip down her face. When I saw the tear I frantically pressed the call button for the doctor.

Seconds after a nurse came rushing in.

Nurse: "What is wrong Mrs.Michaels?"

Rebecca: "I need Dr.Reed in hear now please."

Nurse: "I will call for him immediately"

Two minutes later Dr. Reed strolled in with his clipboard and pen.

Dr. Reed: "What is the problem Rebecca?"

Rebecca: "I saw tear come from Eva."

Dr.Reed: "Well let's take a look."

He approached her and started asessing Eva. He flashed a light upon Eva's eyes and I saw them dilate a little.

Dr.Reed: "Well it seems that Eva is showing signs of waking up very soon."

Rebecca: "Thank you Dr.Reed"

Afterwards he left me alone with my comatose daughter. I sat there crying. into my hands.

Rebecca: "Baby wake up, momma and papa need you."

I placed a tender kiss on her forehead and left.

''''''''''''''''''''

Well I'm here with this short update and to say that I am currently working on the last chapter of this story. I felt a little heavy hearted finishing this book up. Please check out my new story Everybody Knows, which will be my main focus after this is completed.

Comment, Vote, and Share.